Reviews (3 857)
3 857 results
3 245
3 245
All reviews cellar restaurant garden wing art collection the main house art tea patrick guilbaud government buildings drawing room public rooms beautiful hotel national gallery turn down service five star hotel steam room grafton street trinity college meriton
241 - 246 of 3 857 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

You can't go wrong with The Merrion Hotel. Every detail of your stay will be in place. The staff is courteous and helpful. We will surely find an excuse to return to Dublin so we can stay at the Merrion again. One of my top two favorite hotels!

Room Tip: I don't think there could be a bad room in this hotel. We were on the second floor in a typical room. It as delightful and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us here at The Merrion.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you plan on returning to stay with us in the near future. I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After a 7 hour red eye flight from the United States, our first stop directly from the airport was the Merrion Hotel at 8 am on a Saturday morning. The front desk couldn’t have been more pleasant and helpful. Our room was not ready so they showed us to the spa where we were told we could relax and freshen up until our room was ready. After relaxing in the spa for about 30 minutes, they came down to retrieve us to tell us our room was ready. The rooms were spacious and clean with tons of amenities. The hotel itself was beautiful. Bottles of water and chocolates were brought upstairs to our room as a welcome. Everyone at the Merrion, from the front desk to the concierge to the bell hops to the doormen to the wait staff at the restaurant couldn’t have been friendlier and over the top hospitable. I only wish we were staying in Dublin for more than one night. Despite our short time in Dublin, we had a wonderful stay at the Merrion and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at a future date and that you have more time on that occasion to relax.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We landed in Dublin on St. Patrick's Day, and we truly had the luck of the Irish as our travel agent booked us into The Merrion. It is literally impossible to find fault with anything about The Merrion. We stayed at some great hotels in Ireland, really incredible hotels, but The Merrion doesn't just beat them all, it towers over them. The room we had was probably the nicest room I've ever had in more than 60 years traveling around the world. Memories of those delicious breakfasts make me want to get on the next plane back to Ireland just to start my day at The Merrion. But as good as the room was, as delicious as the breakfast was, as wonderful as the location was, what we'll always remember more than anything else, is the staff. They are knowledgable and helpful, and so friendly and charming that you just feel so privileged that you're staying at The Merrion. I was traveling with my wife and my daughter, and the trip we stayed in five hotels throughout Ireland, very similar to our past trips to England, France, Italy, Russia, Scandinavia and Spain, and, as is our custom, on the flight home we all make a list of our favorite hotels in order of preference. This is the first time ever that we all agreed as to the "best" hotel of the trip, and when we talked about the hotels, each of us said there wasn't any doubt as to which one was the best, The Merrion!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience following your stay with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you and your family back again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

What a fabulous city and what a fabulous hotel Near on a perfect 3 nights Clean, efficient hotel and rooms and incredibly courteous and friendly staff A five star experience where nothing is too much trouble

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed just after St Patrick’s Day and the service was impeccable. Arrived by car the concierge took the keys and arranged valet parking. Shown to our room in person which was perfect, well laid out with complementary water. The swimming pool and facilities were spotless with clean laundered towels and complementary razors and assorted extras plus fresh crisp apples etc. The bar area had a lovely atmosphere cocktails were well presented as was the Guinness. We had an evening meal in the Garden restaurant and the steaks on the bone were cooked to perfection chips had their skin left on when we would have preferred traditional chunky chips without but minor issue as they tasted fine. Service was impeccable my only issue was the closeness of the adjoining tables which hampered privacy. Breakfast was delicious with freshly squeezed juice and fresh natural honey. Service was prefessional and polite nothing was too much. Definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us over the St Patrick's Day period.

We hope you had a pleasant visit to Dublin and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at The Merrion. I have shared your kind feedback with all the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With best wishes,