Reviews (2 378)
2 378 results
1 085
1 085
All reviews city centre ivy house croke park close to the airport dublin airport bus stop executive room family room reception staff bar food lovely hotel hotel bar booked this hotel would highly recommend this hotel reception area visiting dublin o'connell street
836 - 841 of 2 378 reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Great hotel..stayed there the night before I had surgery. I was too late for any food but as I was fasting they gave me some scones and tea. They were very welcoming and nice. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. With a coffee machine and kettle with tea, coffee pods and biscuits. They also had bottles of water and bags of crisps in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mary H
BWDublinSkylon, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Mary H

You are most kind to write a 5 star review for us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and little treats. I do hope the crisps were 'Shamrock' crisps as they are the best. We look forward to you coming back again!

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Great hotel in a really central location for a lot of amenities.
The stand out thing about this hotel is the management and staff - rarely have I felt so welcomed and appreciated, nothing was too much bother and they went out of their way to accommodate any request I had. I think this 'welcome culture' came from the top down as I saw the manager in action and was very impressed.
My elderly mother who visited with me was treated like royalty and this made not only a good impression on her and really made her feel valued, but that kind of service also impressed me too. Well done Skylon - would recommend you highly!!!!

Room tip: Jiust explain your needs to the staff and they do the rest!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BreeCam

Dear BreeCam

You are most kind with your lovely review - you make us blush... We are so delighted that your mum enjoyed the hotel. I have such an amazing team at the Skylon that all I'm left to do is hang around the lobby and talk to my lovely guests. When you next return I will treat you and your mum to Afternoon Tea in the lobby; with Prosecco. It works best with Prosecco. See you soon!!

kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

For being in a foreign country, we were expecting a small room; even though we booked a king suite. We had stayed in London the previous six days, and were in a small room in a row house style hotel.

When we got to Dublin, we got in early and tried to check in; at around 10 am. Check in was at 2:00 pm, so naturally, our room wasn't ready. We were tired and just took a seat on one of the thirteen couches and swiftly fell asleep.

At around noon, the wonderfully nice woman that checked us is in, woke us up to let us know our room was ready. When we got to the second floor, I opened the small door and was welcomed with a large room, large king size bed, two large closets, and a large bathroom. It was such a nice thing, especially since we're American and accustomed to it.

We took a nap, with the windows wide open as there is no central air, and woke up to go tour the city. The bed was comfortable and even though it was May, the weather was lovely.

The breakfast, if not included in room rate, was €12 a person and it was so amazing. You could choose from the wide selection of pastries, cereals, and breads, or from the hot foods menu. They even had a large selection of gluten free options.

Everyone was nice. I didn't notice an ice machine anywhere. There was no vending machine for soft drinks or bottles water. There was water available from a pitcher at the front desk.

If.... WHEN we go back, we will stay here.

Side note: this hotel is slightly far from the city center, but it is dreadful to find parking there anyway. There is a €5 per day parking fee for parking at the Skylon.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon J

Dear Shannon J

What an amazing review. We are so grateful that you have taken the time to explain to fellow travelers what we have on offer at the Skylon. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We don't like vending machines but do have excellent room service and can drop water, minerals, ice, food up to your room at any time of the night and day. It is great that you are coming back to stay with us. Please book directly with me so i can organise a little treat for my epic reviewer. See you soon Shannon J!

kind regards

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel turned out to be pretty cool. Upon first entrance we noticed the fun, multicolored, comfortable and spacious lobby. The guests were thoroughly enjoying having tea, a drink or a bite there. I couldn't wait to settle in the room only to come down later.
For the price, our room was edging toward the higher end side in looks. It was definitely spacious and clean.
Down at the reception, the staff literally could not have been more helpful. I had quite a few papers that needed to be printed out and they did it promptly.
Breakfast in their large dining room was excellent, again for the price. Their dedicated staff offered prompt and pleasant service.
Parking is a little confusing and the entrance drop off is tight.
Very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: June 2016

Dear Pebblepath

Many thanks for your great review - we do like that we are 'pretty cool.' We are getting a new front soon which will give more spaces for 'drop-offs' at the front. Now you have given us a great write up but only 3 stars. My team are a highly emotional bunch and 3 stars makes them cry; I having many crying staff right now. They say if you up your review to 4 stars they will stop crying and if you up it to 5 stars I have to take them all out for wine after work tonight. I'll even take you out for wine Pebblebath when you next return!!

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Struggled on a Monday night to get a hotel in Dublin and ended up staying in the Skylon ahead of an early morning conference start at Croke Park.

Rooms were recently upgraded and were very clean and comfortable. Staff on check in and out were very professional and keen to help. Room was on the top floor and lift only goes to the fourth floor but rooms are very quiet which was great.

Unfortunately I had an early start so did not get to try the breakfast. Definitely a good alternative on the north side of Dublin or for city centre meetings with plenty of parking.

Would definitely recommend and there are some decent pubs and restaurants in the local area.

One word of advice - book directly with the hotel as it ended up costing me more via the Roomex web site.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Ros1943

Many thanks for your kind review. It means so much to us when guests take the time to review the hotel and recommend us to fellow travelers. Great advise to book direct; we will always look after you for a preferential rate. We hope you come back to stay again soon. You will love the new Bar & grill!

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com