Reviews (5 143)
3 199
1 398
3 199
1 398
All reviewscity centrepoint villagerelaxation areamodern hotelport tunnelgreat hotelattending a concertluas stoptram linebar foodresidents barthird floorexecutive roomfollowing morningwould highly recommend this hotelhotel barvisiting dublin
116 - 121 of 5 143 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Attended a recent concert so stayed here for convenience!
Booked a few months ago, reconfirmed my booking last wk as heard nothing, first it couldn't be found, then on the day while I was travelling up to book in I get another call reconfirming my booking, communication not the best!
Nice room with a balcony, very dusty out there due to work on surrounding buildings
Small Bar had a massive queue all the way out practically back into the restaurant blocking people trying to get up to reception etc, only 2 bar men on they lacked enthusiasm, no connection with customers a smile goes a long way!
Will prob book elsewhere in October while at another concert!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear timmycarroll

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the gibson. I was disappointed to read that it was not enjoyable overall and assure you that customer service is of the utmost importance to us and I will certainly address the issues mentioned.

I do hope you reconsider and stay with us again in the future and I am more than happy for you to contact me in advance to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The gibson was great! Great space, amenities, and the room has air conditioning! we stayed here on the last 3 nights of our honeymoon to decompress from all the traveling before going home to the US.

The Gibson also helped arrange taxi's for us twice, once to the air port and to an event. Both times the hotel asked for taxi's that took cards. Both rides they said they did not take cards. The first finally took our credit card as payment, but just looking inconvenienced, and the last taxi was to the airport and refused to take our credit card and said he would wait for my husband to go to an ATM inside the airport, or happily took our US cash with a small interest and exchange rate.

We had a wonderful time at this hotel, we were just dissapointed with the service we received through the taxi company they contract with.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Nicole A

Firstly congratulations to you both on your recent nuptials and we were delighted that we played a part in creating great memories for you.

I was disappointed to hear of your experience with our taxi operator and have asked my Reception Manager to investigate however thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you in the future for many more celebrations.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Gibson on numerous occasions over the last few years and it seems to be getting better and better. The reception staff are incredible and nothing is a problem, a special mention to Patryk who has made our last few stays so memorable. The rooms are always spotless and the attention to detail is second to none. There is always a great buzz around the place and even though it always seems to be busy there is never a problem getting served. A great hotel and we’re already looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear sevro16

We are delighted that you are a fan of the gibson and that we continue to exceed your expectations delivering great service, quality and value.

We look forward to welcoming you for many more great experiences.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Booked and payed for a triple room which consisted of a double bed and a temporary single bed positioned in the corner. Double bed had velcro headboard and single bed had no headboard. Cubicle style bathroom with no privacy. Paid premium prices for a very basic room with no frills. Room would be equivalent to a travel lodge. Pitor on reception was friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa R
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Lisa R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us however I was disappointed that it was not an enjoyable one for you and your friends.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and am more than happy for you to contact me directly to enable me to assist you in creating the right memories.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Such a lovely hotel, despite the building work going on around it
Nice clean modern rooms, great breakfast, nice reception staff as well. Also handy for the tram stop just outside that goes straight into shopping district

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear carley997

It was a pleasure for myself and the team to receive your review and your 5 star rating - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.