“Grand Time in this Lovely Home!”
other travellers have booked this property
Front of House Hallway
Blessington Basin
Local Park
Playground, behind rental
Local Landmark: The Black Church
Neighbourhood Bar, serves great pizza!
One of Dublin's oldest bars!
Award winning cafe and deli
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
NYCFamily...
New York City, New York
“Grand Time in this Lovely Home!”
Reviewed 19 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We were 7 all together - a mix of cousins, Aunts, Uncles etc. This home had just the right combination of beds and bedrooms to accommodate all of our needs. I was a bit hesitant because there is only one shower, but we were able to manage with some clever scheduling. The home is very nicely appointed and the hosts are extremely responsive. I inquired about a coffee maker and sure enough when we arrived, there was a brand new coffee maker available for use along with a bag of locally roasted coffee! A note to coffee drinkers, you will not be able to find decaf beans; not even at Starbucks, so be sure to bring some from home if decaf is your preference. A lot of little touches make you feel right at home - fresh flowers in the hall, brown bread, scones, butter, milk and jam in the kitchen. There is soap and shampoo available and hair dryers as well. Also, adapters are there for your use. The home is a brisk 10 minute walk from the City Center. We always walked, but there are taxis everywhere, so if you prefer not to walk, you can simply hail a cab. An added bonus is the lovely outdoor space off the kitchen. We were blessed with beautiful weather and were able to sit out back. You do have to call the owner upon landing at the airport, so be sure to have the international dialing process down pat - it took me a couple of tries to get it right.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Felt like I was staying in my own home!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Friends getaway Large groups
5 Jul 2015
Hi,

Thank you for you feedback,I am so happy you had such a wonderful time and that you enjoyed this house as I did when this used to be my family home.

I must look into sourcing decaf coffee as that is a good suggestion

Thank you for staying with me,it was a pleasure

James F
Gloucester
“A spacious older home with all the amenities within walking distance of downtown in one of the world's great cities.”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Traveling with an extended family of 8 adults is not for the faint of heart and Dublin was our last stop on a whirl wind tour of Ireland with 4 other locations around the country. Any concerns that our last stop would be the low point were allayed immediately upon entering and welcomed by our gracious hostess. The spacious kitchen set up, family style with large wooden table and comfortable seating for eight was ideal for family dinners and was the social center for our 3 day stay. The awesome large gas stove, full set of cutlery, table ware, glasses and large fridge (complete with ice cubes....a rarity on our travels) were enjoyed by all. The full bath with funky tub and seperate shower well lit by sky lights that opened was in demand....the little half bath under the stairs was also extremely popular and the family learned about planning and scheduling for required ablutions, a life skill never to be underestimated. While I admit to having some reservations about the neighborhood, they proved groundless and my family enjoyed a number of impromptu and delightful conversations with neighbors who were very open and friendly. Full marks!!

Liked best: Location and kitchen
Liked least: Toilet capacity for 8 adults challenging but workable
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
5 May 2015
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your feedback and I am really happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our home and in Dublin so much,I will pass on your complements to Geraldine our house manager,what women doesn't like complements! - she will be trilled with your feedback - sorry I did not get to meet you in person but maybe the next time

Hope you and your family enjoy the rest of the summer

All the best and take are care

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Families with young children
28 Apr 2015
Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback,I am happy all our hard work is paying off.Thank you for staying in our Broadstone rental,it was a pleasure having you and your family stay and I am trilled you enjoyed the house and the area so much.

44none
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“excellent base for family holiday”
Reviewed 6 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

House well positioned to walk to all central Dublin tourist sites. Large well equipped kitchen which we used as sitting room as we needed the lounge as a bedroom. Simon was friendly and very helpful.

8 Apr 2015
Hi Claire,

Thank you for your feedback,it was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I hope your sons 21st birthday was all he hoped for,give my regards to all the gang

loutan
Cardiff
“This house made our trip fantastic”
Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Having been to Dublin on a couple of previous occasions, I was a bit dubious about booking a house that wasn't right in the centre of Temple bar, but when we arrived it was everything we had hoped for, and more. Simon was there to greet us and he made us feel right at home immediately. He gave us a tour of the house and explained everything we needed to know, then he left us to settle in, with the added gesture of homemade bread and scones. It was so homely, yet practical. We travelled as a group of 8 and there was plenty of cutlery and crockery and so many cookery essentials that we had forgotten on our Tesco order. The house was a 10-15 minute walk to Temple bar, which became a welcome break from all the hustle and bustle of the city centre. I was very sad leaving this beautiful house, which had become home over the past 4 days and all of us felt exactly the same. What a wonderful base from which to explore this amazing city. When I return to Dublin, I won't consider staying anywhere else. Brilliant in every way.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: I loved everything about the place
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
19 Feb 2015
Hi Louise,

Thank you your feedback,it was a pleasure having you and your friends stay,I enjoyed the banter we had and I also enjoyed hosting you and your group as you were easy going and good fun

Thanks again and I hope the Welsh rugby team improve with time!

Simon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing