“Lovely family meal out”

The Baths at Clontarf
Ranked #736 of 2 856 Restaurants in Dublin
Description: Amazing landmark coastal venue since 1886 providing great food and service with stunning views of Dublin Bay
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Great food, very creative dishes. Great decor, fun design and great views as a backdrop. Ray of the waiting staff was very good

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (401)

Reviewed 2 September 2021

The least professional establishment I have ever come across. Sunny weekend afternoon. 12 tables free and six groups waiting in a queue. 2 groups just wanted to have a drink. No-one could be accommodated with one of the empty tables as 'they are all booked'. Waited for 30mins (as did 4 other parties). Not one table of the 12 came. People in front of us explained they were just there for a drink and said they'd move immediately if all 12 tables filled in the 30mins they wanted to stay. "Sorry - Computer says no" type of response. Nuts. Whoever owns the place should drop in and check out the incompetence.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank PeterL3416
The Baths, General Manager at The Baths at Clontarf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Hi Peter
I know it’s frustrating to get a table with us as we are booked out most weekends. We have prebooking system for all tables that we have to honour, so walk ins while welcome can sometimes be dissatisfied and think the tables are empty but in fact within an hour would be full. In thefuture to avail of this beautiful setting i would respectfully advise you pre-book and you would be assured of a table.
Many thanks for you contribution as it highlights the need to book ahead to avoid such disappointment.

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

Ignored by waiters on arrival. After 25 mins went in.
and placed order. We decided to leave service was so bad, waiter ignored us at till point and pretended to serve his area. Asked for service and he attacked us for ‘ it being busy’ I would be embarrassed if this was my business. Won’t be back.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 30 July 2021

This is not my first review of The Baths but I had not been here since Covid and wanted to add an update.

They have adapted the place very well to the new Covid regulations. We ate in the conservatory area,which is covered overhead but has open sides. It is beautifully laid out,with potted palms and greenery separating the tables,giving it the feeling of something out of The Great Gatsby. The menu has been updated and I had the vegan courgette flower as a starter and the stuffed crab pasta as a main,both were sublime. The wine list is extensive and well priced and I had a few glasses of a lovely Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Service was excellent - the staff were efficient,professional and friendly.

After dinner we moved to the outdoor decking area for more drinks. The set up here is great,with different decks,at different levels,beside the swimming pool,which was being used by a swimming club,so that was a nice bit of entertainment to watch. The whole ambience felt very relaxing and elegant and I cannot wait to come here again.

Ample parking outside also,for anyone driving.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 26 July 2021

Myself and my boyfriend went to enjoy a drink in the sun, we thought The Baths looked gorgeous, the outdoor terrace is a hidden gem in terms of tranquility but unfortunately the service was a HUGE let down, as we arrived there were next to no staff present and all the signs told us to scan a QR code to order drinks/food (similar to wetherspoons) although the QR link was not working and we were not the only people who noticed this, we finally saw a young waiter who was being pulled by every person there as the QR Was not working and everyone was asking how to order drinks, we addressed this to the waiter and he apologised and told us he would be back to take our order, he never came back, we then stopped an older gentleman who was possibly a barman or manager as he was dressed differently, we asked how we could order as the QR was not working, we were rudely told "the QR link is the only way to order" We then showed the man that the QR code was not working and again we were met with the rude response of "I don't understand the technology" and he stormed off back into the building, no solution was offered, we were unable to order so we were left with no option other than to walk out, I have never experienced such a low level of customer service which is such a shame considering the location and setting are stunning. I feel this is not a reflection on the workers but on the management. All of the staff seemed completely out of their depths with how this place was run and I do not blame them in the slightest for that. It is safe to say I will not be returning to this place after being so rudely treated, you would think during this period places would value their customers but clearly not here, very disappointing.

Date of visit: July 2021