“dined here every evening of our stay”
Review of The Garden Room

The Garden Room
Ranked #1 138 of 2 886 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$41 - US$69
Description: Welcome to the Garden Room Here's something new, something different. A fresh idea for a restaurant: A less formal affair by a formal garden, a relaxed experience in The Merrion Hotel. The Garden Room is open all day - for breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack or dinner, alone or with friends, family or colleagues. Welcome to The Garden Room and to something different.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

wonderful food, wonderful service, wonderful ambiance! the chefs accommodated my special requests as well.

1  Thank draftxng
Merrion_Hotel_Dublin, Manager at The Garden Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear draftxng,

Many thanks for your wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the food, the service and the ambience. I must say,
it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us in the hotel, especially your dining experiences in the Garden Room. I have also shared your feedback with our Chef and all the team in the Kitchen.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,
Heikki McEvoy
Garden Room Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful buffet breakfast, and a nice lunch/dinner menu overlooking a lovely garden. The service is impeccable and the food very good. Absolutely recommend the smoked salmon and the cinnamon French toast was spectacular!

Dear AgadorSpartacus,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit in The Garden Room and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with our restaurant team here who join me in thanking you. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the salmon dish and the French toast. I have also shared your positive feedback with our Executive Chef.

Yours sincerely,
Heikki McEvoy
Garden Room Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The elegant room looks out into a courtyard garden. Whoever designed the room had done an excellent job, making sure the lighting and layout complimented each other. Too often in restaurants it appears that whoever designed the lighting hadn’t spoken to the person responsible for positioning the furniture. The chairs were attractive and comfortable and the tables a good size with plenty of room between them. We ate on a Saturday evening and the place was busy with a lively atmosphere but not so loud you couldn’t hold a conversation. All the staff we encountered were well trained and seemed genuinely friendly. A good menu with enough variety to find something you like but not so much you wonder how they could prepare all of them from scratch.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Ate here with family to celebrate a birthday. The atmosphere is luxurious but not ostentatious and service was faultless. The menu was varied with plenty of options. The kids menu was one of the better ones I have seen. I had crab sliders to start which were fresh and maybe needed a little seasoning and the crab linguini was was just yum. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely service at this pleasant location. Food was very good especially my crab linguine. Excellent wine selection too