“Excellent”
Review of Ember

Ember
Reserve with OpenTable
Ember is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #706 of 2 811 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Super service and food - went for brunch on Easter Sunday and found it surprisingly quiet - but that I like! V good attention by staff and food as expected - lose one star cos fries were a bit too cool and lacking in crispness for me

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Changed our booking to Ember due to recommendation from a friend. Very attentive staff; excellent quality of service; scallop/pork belly starters was one of the best I've ever tasted; wine was top-class (as you would expect based on price !) and while mains (fillet) was cooked to perfection, it was 'barely warm' (at best) when served.. Appreciate it must sit for a while and it didn't unduly impact the experience as I'm more into the taste/seasoning which was 'spot-on' so overall; nice place and definitely worth a visit if you haven't been.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

20th January.visited Ember and we were looking forward to a good evening . We were left feeling very dissatisfied. We were shown to our table and and given menus. it took 30 mins before anyone came back to take our order. We ordered a bottle of white wine, they tried to serve us red. We had to ask for wine menu again to get the correct bottle . The main course was good the desserts were good. The coffee was cold. We were handed the bill and were charged for a bottle of wine costing € 85 that we did not order. The waiter apologized and said he would as the manager to come and see us. The bill arrived back and they kindly reduced the wine from correct price of 48 to 38 euro. The waiter was very apologetic about the performance that evening. We were not impressed that the manager did not have the courage to come and see us. Would I come again? Not sure left us with a feeling of disappointment .

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Came here last night with a group of friends for 'steak night' and was blown away. Between four of us we had 2 Cote-De-Bouf steaks which were absolutely amazing. As well as this, the waiters were polite and funny which made the experience even better. As some of our party were from the US the service team made them feel right at home in the restaurant.
I wouldn't usually write reviews online but I really felt the need after last nights meal. Ember is a real hidden gem in Dublin 6 with such a pleasant and personable atmosphere created by the staff, the decor and the food. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I booked for six for a family meal. On arrival , there was no record of the booking. Thery were, however,able to find a table as the restaurant was not busy. When we were served the main course, they left out the order of the sixth person as there was a breakdown of communication between the waiter and kitchen . It was not served until the others were ready to have desert.
As for the food, the onion rings and chips tasted and appeared like reheats.
I should mention that they did not charge for the sixth person as an acknowledgment of the screw up.
This was my third visit to the restaurant . I certainly won't be rushing there in the immediate future.