Reviews (1 108)
1 108 results
All reviews cafe bar lovely hotel leisure facilities family break wedding reception short walk swimming pool steam room wedding venue room was large reception area two nights next morning wedding guests first class open fire enjoyable stay
6 - 11 of 1 108 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I really liked my room and the place is full of helpful staff. Everyone I met was really friendly and that’s a great feature of any hotel. It’s in a nice spot and there’s plenty of parking but the things that slightly let it down are:

The food isn’t very good. The menu is mostly pizza, burgers, breaded chicken and pasta. The fries were always too soggy or too dry. 5euro per time extra to get room service is pretty steep, too, for those of us who have to do work in our room in the evenings. Breakfast wasn’t great either.

The bathroom is nice to look at but if you forget to put the lid down on the toilet when you flush it, toilet water splashes all over the floor. That’s a definite infection control risk.

Overall an enjoyable stay though.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. Some of my clients were on the 3rd floor and did not like the room. It was slant ceilings with 2 skylights.
So 3rd floor is not recommended. The rest of the rooms were great. The breakfast was abundant and we had 1 dinner which was fabulous. Good food and service. The hotel is located about a mile from the downtown area but there are plenty of cabs. They have a pub and spacious areas for people to meet and enjoy the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Agust i was at a wedding the the mill park hotel and i thought the staff were on the ball and they were all very kind and and helpful i also thought the food was amazing and the whole hotel was beatifuly desined

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The WiFi is terrible- definitely unusable for anything other than the occasional email check. The breakfast was decent but the pancake maker was broken and there wasn’t really a replacement option. It was fine for the couple mornings we stayed there, but any longer and I would have been sick of the lack of variety. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the hotel is very cozy and pretty. The walk in to town isn’t far but you do need to cross a couple busy roundabouts. It was fine for us but if I had my 2 year old with me I would have been nervous about it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed here after flying into Dublin and driving straight to the cliffs at Slieve League about an hour west of the hotel. We didn't really know what to expect but it was a comfortable overnight stay before heading south along the Wild Atlantic Way. The front desk staff were very friendly and we had no issues checking in and out. The hotel is large but still has a cozy quaint vibe to it. The rooms are a little dated as far as furnishings go but very spacious and the shower was the best we had out of seven hotels in Ireland. The restaurant was closed the night we stayed so we ate at the Cafe Bar and were really surprised by how much we enjoyed our meal at a hotel bar. Overall this was a very comfortable stay!

Date of stay: September 2018