“Great place ”

Elbow Lane Brew and Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 716 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Grill, Brew Pub
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food was really nice, had a fantastic steak and a nice bottle of wine, great staff, definitely worth checking out

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Compact for sure the Elbow Lane serves the most amazing steaks and washed down with their own speciality beer and a nice dessert made this an outstanding meal.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I really dislike waiting, but this restaurant is so good I would readily do so again. This is a wonderful place and we had one of our best meals in Ireland here.

Elbow Lane is located towards the end of Oliver Plunkett street, about a 5-10 minute walk from Cork's center down a lively street. It's one of the smallest sit-down restaurants we've enjoyed and it seems like every square inch of space is being used to its maximum potential, which gives it an intimate feel.

Unfortunately, they don't take reservations. We aimed for around 6:30 and got there a little late, resulting in a wait of about an hour. We used the time mostly to walk around the area, but the reality is that if you want to come here there will likely be a wait. The restaurant has around 25 seats at tables, some additional seating at the bar, and room for around 10 outside. The demand is much higher than that - hence the wait.

OK, so you may wait. The greeting we received at the door was as welcoming as I can remember. When we checked back in, the person at the door gave me a genuine smile and called me by name - cool! That was typical of the personal and warm service we received all night.

Just about everything is grilled (they cook it about 8 feet from your table) on a large open grill. I believe one offering is vegan, but if that is important to you please check the menu (it's on line). They have great local beer, a generally nice bar, and good wine offerings.

The food was perfectly prepared. The service was excellent.

Elbow Lane is one reason why Cork is gaining a reputation as a town of food lovers.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The food took time to come out but it was worth the wait, the steak was one of the best I’ve ever had!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We got here about 5:30, and all the tables were full (the seating is quite limited). We waited and had a cocktail, and were finally seated about 1/2 hour later. The food was worth the wait. I had the ribs, and my wife the ribeye; both were great. We started with "pigs in a blanket", which was also a hit. The staff was very friendly, and we weren't rushed to finish, despite the size of the dining room, and others waiting. Would definitely eat there again if we go back to Cork.