Reviews (1 444)
1 445 results
All reviews springboard restaurant the river outdoor pool lovely hotel thermal suite city centre afternoon tea top class large bathroom eggs benedict steam room waiting staff beautiful room leisure facilities a lovely stay from start to finish reception area
42 - 47 of 1 445 reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful. The staff were extremely helpful, the room was modern and had surround sound. The bathroom was spacious and updated. The guest room and bathroom were clean as well. The pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, and hydrotherapy pool were also lovely. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank christinacone22
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I booked this through Expedia for a very good rate, €370 versus €435 on their website, for the same specification- Classic King room with B&B and River View. However I did wonder if that was why our king room was by the lifts..it wasn't a problem that night but a concern when we arrived. Despite a wedding in the hotel that night, it was fine. One thing that did strike me was that we were without chairs by the table. Otherwise it was a nice cosy hotel for staying in the city. If you like running/walking you can go along the walkway by the River Lee by the hotel. The breakfast was gorgeous; a wide selection of food. Try to go in early to ensure you have a nice table by the window looking out over the Lee, I spotted a salmon leaping on both mornings. I didn’t make the health club but we did spot some guests in the outdoor pool which seemed perfect for the sunny morning it was.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrishDee79
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel had a lot wrong and not much right. The restaurant has a great view but the service was VERY slow. The medium steak came out blue. When re-fired it was like shoe leather. The WiFi was spotty, especially annoying since my daughter was relying on it for a live stream for her work. They offered us a free breakfast the next morning but we already had plans and just wanted out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very good. Highly recommended. Good breakfast, especially with nice view in front of the river. Friendly staff. Value for money. It is just little bit far from the center. Room is large and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I stay here once every 3 months on business and it is a fine hotel. Check in and check out was very efficient and the bedrooms are lush. The gym and spa are beautiful and of the highest standard. The bar food is nice (albeit a slightly limited menu) and bar staff are most pleasant. Just a minor grumble that, whilst the breakfast is great, the breakfast staff (I stayed two nights) were somewhat miserable (not the chap taking room numbers on the way in) and I found them all quite unwelcoming. The service is also not great in the balcony area (overlooking the river) with my requests for a menu or drink simply ignored. However, overall, it is a fantastic hotel. Walked into Cork down the main road (25 minutes) but walked back one street over which takes you past some beautiful parks and the river side.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business