“Locally Sourced Mediterranean Food”
Review of Rachel's

Rachel's
Ranked #78 of 699 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$20 - US$58
Description: The combination of our rich soil, a temperate climate and an abundance of rain gives us some of the best conditions in the world to produce nourishing food. Rachel's purpose is to serve simple, naturally produced and delicious tasting food from the local Cork area. Where possible our vegetables, fruit and herbs are picked then delivered every morning from our organic farm at Ballymaloe Cookery School.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Modern food in a modern setting in Cork. Upscale lunch and drinks after St. Paddy's Day parade. Live music and a bustling bar to match the delicious food. Attentive waitstaff with that special Irish touch for superb customer service.

1  Thank fatherofthebride563

Hi fatherofthebride563,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very kind review.

We are so glad that you enjoyed St Patrick's day here with us at Rachel's and hopefully we will see you back again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night in March , really busy and vibrant restaurant, good menu with seasonal choices , we had mix of steaks and seafood and all were top class , with a mix of beautifully cooked vegetables and fabulous fried potatoes, deserts continued the trend again faultless, the setting is really nice it’s got a New York loft look , it can tend to sound a little loud it probably needs a little clever discreet sound absorbing, that said it tends to add to the buzz overall, dont Leave without visiting the cocktail bar for drinks and live piano playing , in fact I’m sorry I didn’t go beforehand for one ! Next time which won’t be long I hope.

1  Thank Colin B

Hi Colin B,

What a lovely review, thank you!

We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us and found the restaurant to be buzzy and the food delicious.

Hopefully we will see you again soon for a pre dinner cocktail in the piano bar.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

ate here very recently again and had two lovely mains of chicken and slow cooked faetherblade. Staff where really nice and food was very very tasty. However, the menu options have been dramatically shortened and the wine list changed beyond recognition and I’m sad to say that the wines we had were terrible.

Perhaps Rachel needs to get off of the television and back in her restaurant to support her team !!

7  Thank NCCC
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

After hearing so much about Rachel's I was excited to finally experience it for myself. My boyfriend had booked dinner here as part of my Valentine's gift.
We had a lovely table by the window and our server was very nice and attentive.
The food was amazing. Starters were very generous and the steaks were some of the best we have ever had and were cooked to perfection and so tender. We even managed to fit in some dessert but we were so full we could not finish it all.
Price wise it was not overly expensive and on par with similar restaurants.
Atmosphere is enjoyable and they also have a small piano bar for a drink pre or post meal or even both.
Staff are also to be credited friendly and efficient.
I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank QuinEm

Hi QuinEm,

Thank you so much for your really lovely review of Rachel's.

We are so glad that you enjoyed the whole experience with us and I will of course pass on your very kind compliments to the staff who I know will be delighted and really appreciate it.

We very much look forward to welcoming both you and your boyfriend back again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We have visited Rachels for a business dinner. The homemade bread was nice, mushroom bruschetta really good and tagliatelle tasty. My friends were having lamb and it was average, also not seasoned really well. Overall an ok night.

1  Thank piotruszka26

HI Piotruszka26,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to Rachel's.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and I will of course pass your friends comments on the kitchen team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,