“Worth a trip to the Island”
Review of An Siopa Beag

An Siopa Beag
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 10 July 2017

An Siopa Beag. Great friendly staff, stunning location in scenic harbour on Cape Clear Island. We were travelling with 3 Adults and 7 children and they accommodated us brilliantly. Great Coffee too! Lovely trip

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had a fabulous dinner in the magical atmosphere of Cape Clear, in the Siopa Beag which is so full of character. I had phoned Neil in advance with a special request - could we have lobster? (It's a tradition with us when we visit islands as a small party of friends, a once-a-year treat if we can get it.) Neil said he'd manage that, and he did. We had the best, freshest, most delicious lobster ever - hot, perfectly cooked with lemon butter, and a great side salad. Add a few good bottles of white wine, and the evening was perfection. And Neil and his colleagues were a pleasure to meet. Unforgettable!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Friday Night is pizza night on Cape Clear. Simple as that. One of the best pizzas I've ever had.
Also a fantastic place for a nice lunch - the steak baguette in particular. Pizza only on Friday night.
On a sunny day it is the ideal spot to sit by the waterfront in North Harbour and enjoy the views while tucking in.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Based on an awe inspiring out-crop of the west cork coast, this locally run café is both charming and well located. On a Friday evening the smell of freshly baked pizza wafts across the harbour, greeting you as you disembark from the ferry. On this cold October evening, I was lucky enough to have a pizza ordered for me, unfortunately that pizza was topped only with olives. Is it my mothers fault? Is it Neils fault? Will I ever know? What I do know is I will be picking olives off my pizza tonight. But the pizza underneath will still be above average.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Ate here on many occasions over a month long stay on Cape Clear. Lovely location by the water in the North Harbour. Outside seating on fine days. Plenty character within. Straightforward menu with huge portions. We carried down a few pints from the pub upstairs too. Couldn't bate it with a big stick. Service slows during very busy periods - how bad. We just had an extra drink while we waited.