“Cold, dry, no roast potatoes, little choice of veg - awful, no stars for food, but friendly staff”
Review of Stonefield Carvery

Stonefield Carvery
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Dumbarton
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come to The Stonefield in Dumbarton for traditional roast dinners and lunches exactly how you like them, any day of the week. Or tuck into our tasty pub-food classics, with unlimited veg and sides. With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Clydebank, Glasgow and Balloch can't get enough. EATING OUT IN DUMBARTON MADE EASY Our restaurant is relaxed and family friendly, and we don't stand on ceremony. There's no need to book; just pop in when you're hungry.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Dreadful!
Lumpy, cold gravy.
Cold meat and veg.
Meat very dry and cold.
No roasties
Very little choice of veg.
Won’t be back....
Friendly staff, but a total waste of money.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We popped in hoping for a table on short notice , they were extremely busy and didn’t have a table to suit the whole family but what an amazing service we did receive, staff moved tables together got us drinks and paper for the kids to keep them entertained while we waited on a table , they constantly were making sure we were ok and catered to our ever need until a table was free ! What an amazing service for an extremely busy day !!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stopped in mid-afternoon for lunch. The carver wasn't there at first, and when he showed up he was rude and uncaring. The meats were overdone and dried out. The roast was inedible. They were out of yorkshire pudding, and even though we were told "it was coming" it never did.

Veggies were massively overcooked, to the point of mush.

Such a disappointing experience.

Luke J, General Manager at Stonefield Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Good Afternoon AKADAD

First of all I cannot say sorry enough that this has happened. With yesterday being extremely busy I will discuss with all my staff about the service and care towards the custom as we always do our upmost to make sure everyone is well catered for. This not being the situation when you where here yesterday which i will look into. I thank you for the feedback and I will continue to work hard as will my team to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Sorry Again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with a work colleague to try it out and I have to say the burgers were fantastic. Had an add on bacon, onion rings and another doubler! Was huge! 100 percent be back. Staff were great and grub was brilliant and prices are cracking!

Thank yoU Turbo911 for the amazing review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We used to come every other week and now that it’s a new Compeny that has taken over and the food has when right down hill we came in at 1pm and you think the carvery would be fresh but looks like it’s been out all day and since siting now waiting on menu order that’s been at least 20minz two other family’s have since been refunded and left so safe to say I won’t be back such a shame

Good Afternoon lee.

After seeing a 5* review only a short time ago reduced to this I am deeply sorry to see this. With the orders being cooked from fresh now sometimes it can take a slight wait and the Kitchen I can assure you will do the best they can to their ability to get it out as soon as possible. Nothing has changed since the new company apart from expanding the menu. I hope you give us another chance and if you would like to speak further I will be happy to discuss it by phone or email. sorry again.

Kind Regards