“Great company”
Review of Staffa Tours

Staffa Tours
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Iona
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the most beautiful and interesting places on the West Coast of Scotland with our tours to the Isle of Staffa, the world-famous Fingal's Cave, the sacred Isle of Iona, Mull and the ornithological heaven of the Treshnish Isles. Staffa Tours operate Tours to Mull, Tobermory, Iona, Staffa and the Treshnish Isles From Oban, Tobermory Kilchoan, Iona and Fionnphort.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went with Staffa tours to Lunga and Staffa. The crew were friendly and smiling. The Islands are lovely and for me seeing the puffin was the icing on the cake.

Pal G, Owner at Staffa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

We are delighted you had a great trip to Staffa and Lunga, puffins are amazing birds.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"basalt columns"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Took the early morning tour from mull to Staffa which I recommend as your drive down to Fionnphort will be lovely and quiet and with not much traffic on a single track road you don’t have to use the passing places so much. Boat trip perfect. Some info given at the start and approaching Staffa but left to enjoy the crossing peacefully. Being the first on the island was extra special as it is so quiet The island is magical with Fingal’s Cave and the rocks around fun to explore-can’t actually go in cave at the moment but doesn’t detract from its beauty. Took my 22 year old son with me who is not usually into bird watching (!), but we both adored watching The puffins - far more than we thought we would. I thought one hour would be a bit much but would have loved to stay longer and next time will come back on a later boat. If you are nearby definitely do it-and Staffa Tours boats were great, clean, on time and friendly and I really recommend them. Looking round the boat on the way back, everyone was smiling

1  Thank Nicky H
Pal G, Owner at Staffa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are all delighted you had an unforgettable experience at Staffa . Thanks for your recommendation.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was potential the highlight of my year so far. I went with my partner a couple of weeks back. We were running a tiny bit late but the staff were incredibly patient, kind and helpful, so although we had had a hectic start to our day I felt incredibly relaxed once on the boat. Working in the guiding business I can appreciate the role that the staff play - the guides were interesting and clearly passionate about their work.

The islands were so incredibly beautiful. The puffins, shags, guillemots, razorbills etc were absolutely incredible. They sat amongst lovely wildflowers.

The return boat was running a tad late when one guest and a shipman saw a basking shark. The guide turned us around and tried there best to locate it. Unfortunately we didn't see it but I really appreciated their efforts to find it again (despite running a tad late).

1  Thank Philip W
Pal G, Owner at Staffa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Paul and AJ will be delighted with you enjoyed the trip to Staffa and Lunga and your great comments.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was a wonderful experience. We originally wanted to go to see the amazing basalt columns and Fingal's cave. They were amazing as expected and the cave was like nothing I've ever seen before.

But the unexpected star of this trip was the friendly inquisitive puffins. We sat on the clifftops and let them come to say hello to us, at one point we had five of them sat within three feet of us. Such amazing and cute little birds.

If you are anywhere near Mull or Oban and have the time, I recommend this trip 100%.

The boat ride was fast and comfortable and the tour guides are full of information and friendly.

One hour was only just enough time to take all the sights in, but there must always be a time limit for these things I guess!

Pal G, Owner at Staffa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Graham and Colin will be delighted you had a wonderful trip to Staffa. Staffa is an amazing island and the puffins are just incredible birds.