“Bad meal experience !!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended by our hotel after the reviews we read on trip adviser
Really disappointed and food as bad as reports say!
The staff just want a quick order and then we were left. Hard to get their attention.
Colouring of food was shocking !
Taste bland !
portions big but not nice so a lot of food wasted as we didn’t want to eat it .
The music playing was like being in a 90’s disco
Loud and inappropriate !
A nice evening ruined and back in hotel room pissed off !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had gone to Scotland to visit our Son who is working in Scotland.
Many years previously I had been in Scotland on business and had visited the same restaurant and had experience wonderful food and service.
At my suggestion we booked this restaurant on Saturday the 16th of June.
On arrival the restaurant was extremely busy which we took to be a good sign. There was some initial confusion over our booking but we were then shown to a really nice table.
A very pleasant young lady came and took our order, starters were Bombay prawns, prawn poori, (both spicy) onion bajji and tandoori lamb chop.
Main courses butter chicken, chardonnay Chasni, south Indian chilli chicken,
Rice and a cheese and garlic Nan. We also ordered a bottle of wine and beer to
Starters arrived, Prawns, were like rubber, in a strange bright red coloured sauce, the sauce was awful sweet and sickly. The onion bajji, was a strange orange colour and tasted very peculiar. The lamb chops were very good.
Main course arrived appeared to be incorrect but waiter assured us it was correct.
We again queried with another waiter, we had received a chicken Balti instead of a butter chicken. I appreciate a mistake can be made but the suggestion by the waiter with a dismissive shrug was we had received what we ordered. He reluctantly agreed to change it for what we had ordered.
On all of the meals the chicken was tough and overcooked, the Chardonnay Chasni, was the worst meal of all, again this strange red colour with a sweet and sickly taste inedible. The Butter Chicken finally arrived and was a reasonable meal.
Throughout the meal we were never approached to ask about the food or queried as to why so much food was sent back. I would normally always complain but it is difficult when other people are with you at the restaurant. In frustration we asked for the bill. I had not seen this before on trip advisor but the bill is not itemised just totals. Without asking again for menus and using a calculator, there is no way to check if the bill is correct. A practice I have seen before to overcharge. We paid and then got up to leave, a staff member who appeared to be in a senior position, saw us rise to leave turned his back on us and rushed away. We left the restaurant without any recognition that we had been there.
In summary this restaurant bears no resemblance to a good standard of Indian restaurant, the food and service are abysmal and I would avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was OK, but I had a pint of lime and soda water which I was charged £3.95 for !!!!
Then to rub salt into the wound, as the drink was too strong I asked for them to top up my half full glass with soda water, which they charged me an additional £1.95. I won't be going back.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This place is fantastic! Great food, great service, management could not have been more attentive! A must visit for curry lovers when in Hamilton!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stopped in here on a Saturday afternoon and got the Saturday lunch menu. First - what a brilliant deal - 3 courses for a tenner! Plenty of choice too. The food was superb - I was expecting smaller portions with it being a lunch deal but was full starters and curries etc. We also added a naan which was the width of the table and cooked perfectly. Staff all very friendly and smiling. Will definitely be back.