“New booking line chaos”

Ranked #43 of 188 Restaurants in Paisley
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ph: 0141 889 4529, Fax: 0141 889 6612. Abbey Inn also has accommodation.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Abbey is one of our favourite restaurants and we have been coming on a regular basis for 10 years. Phoned ahead tonight to check availability and was engaged in a new and very confusing booking system. Obviously operated from down south by a team who have no knowledge of the Abbey. Struggled to make ourselves understood, operator was more interested in our contact details than making a booking, rather brusquely advised we should phone earlier to book. Result, hung up and going to Linwood Farm.

Date of visit: April 2018
AbbeyInnPaisley, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi there,
We are extremely sorry about this, this is something new we have had set up through our head office due to hotel bookings taking up a lot of our time, it seems you have went through to hotels bookings and not straight to us(which is option 2). We have fed this back with our head office team to make it a bit more clearer for our guests as we do agree it is very confusing.

We do hope to see you back again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is my local and has been for 10years but this collection of staff are damn right rude.
I have worked in pub and clubs since my Air force days and even won Best Bar None gold and silver awards and I have never heard staff been damn right rude. I took my son at 12am on a Sunday and yes the old firm was on tv but the bar was in good friendly atmosphere and instead of being polite the staff were rude about my son being in before even ordering i had taken 2 steps into the bar area and even a loud member of staff that had nothing to do with the conversation butted in shouting I won't lose my license for you. I have gone to this bar for a meal and even few drinks a few times a month since I moved back in 2008. I will never step foot I this bar again.

1  Thank kennywalker1
AbbeyInnPaisley, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi Kenny

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review..

It was myself who had served you on this occasion and I explained to you that children could only be on the premises if you were ordering food, to which you replied 'since when?! kids are allowed in until 8pm' I explained to you that kids were only allowed in if the party was dining.
This is our license for our premises, different premises have different licenses and we cannot breach this, if we do we take the risk of loosing our license. We are a family friendly pub and families understand kids need to be dining to be on the premises.

We do hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Whilst sitting having a coffee with some friends I was absolutely disgusted to see the staff treat a young man and his son in a shocking manner.

The staff said that his son was “not allowed in unless he had something to eat”. The man quite rightly said about the licensing laws and how children could remain I till 8pm. The staff then said “that doesn’t apply here”. Then the manager chirped in shouting “I’m not loosing my licence for you”. The entire tone and attitude of the staff was abysmal.

The man simply said that’s fine I will take my business elsewhere. Well I can assure you he won’t be the only one as half the bar witnessed this shocking display.

The only nice thing I can say is that the coffee was nice. But a nice coffee is ten a penny.

Don’t visit here! Apparently the laws of Scotland don’t apply the moment you cross the threshold of the establishment. Also if you do you will certainly face the wrath and attitude of the staff.

Disgusting.

Hi There,

Thank you for your review...
We have a licensing law that require children to only be on our premises if they are accompanied by an adult and the party is having a meal, Licence's vary in all premises, this was explained to the gentleman and he was offered to order food to be able to have his child in the pub.. which he rejected!
We do hope you will visit again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went out for family birthday meal for my husband and the food was fab.

All four of us enjoyed every course and the service was great.

Reasonably priced and will definitely be back.

Hi There,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.

see you back again soon :)

Reviewed 27 February 2018

The Abbey Inn has been recently renovated and it looks fantastic. I was here last night for a family meal and really enjoyed it. It was reasonably quiet so service was quick and friendly. Due to it being Monday the "Mighty plates" were cheaper so I decided to get one of them. Best decision I've made in a while. I could barely move after eating so much. Whether I come here with friends to watch he football and fire through 50 chicken wings or with my family for dinner, its always a good time

Date of visit: February 2018

Hi Kalen,

Thanks for your review!
We hope to see you back again soon..