All reviews high tea overlooking the river mini suite chinese suite mr anderson meringue car park old fashioned charm traditional hotel george street queen victoria no lift lovely hotel bath towels scones kippers tea or coffee
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Traditional Scottish hotel with plenty of history (Queen Victoria stayed there) by the river Tay & near the theatre & concert hall in the centre of Perth. Good breakfast served in restaurant overlooking the river. We went for mini suite on the top floor with lovely views over the river. Can be busy at weekends with weddings etc. Small car park. Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room (superior/mini suite) overlooking the river
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Good location. Helpful staff who we remembered from last year. High tea main course very good but there was not enough meringues for five people. This is one of the attractions of this high tea. Having spoken to the waiter who implied the fifth one had fallen and not been replaced unfortunate but had to remind again. The feeling was we were one of the last groups to be served and they were clearing and preparing for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night away with my wife. First time I had stayed and to be honest picked it as just round the corner from The Concert Hall where I would be all of the next day at an event.

First of all the room I was given was excellent with a view of The Tay. The staff were kind, polite and very down to earth.

Breakfast filled us both up for the rest of the day. OK decor may be a bit old but for what I paid, the room, the staff, the location, the food, i honesty have no faults.

I will return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Stayed here only 1 night and found the hotel to be good enough for my needs. Nothing spectacular but nothing too bad either. I was in room 15 which was very large with views over the river and bridge. In saying that there was no noise either from the road outside or from inside the hotel. Bed though was a bit hard for me and the base looked tatty but room was warm enough and clean enough. Lounge area was comfortable with log fire burning away and stocked up by staff who were also pleasant. Nice small bar area and reasonable priced. Had a high Tea meal which was ok but steak pie meat was chewy, friend had mixed grill which was very good. Breakfast was good to start the day with but when you ask for something NOT to be on the plate that is what I expect. Parking in the hotels car park can be very tight depending on who has parked there and when someone blocks you in with inconsiderate parking then it is annoying. Other than that it was a nice hotel for a quick break and handy to allow me to get to and from my work

Room Tip: room 15 seem to be one of the larger rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank GibbyW
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed, short notice. Room was fine. Unfortunately the kettle had the previous guests used teabags still inside and the toilet had not been flushed. I was very busy so had no time to moan, even checkout was rushed, due to work.
Staff friendly. Breakfast really good, haggis, sausages and bacon very good.

Would I stay again? Maybe, but if I had time I'd take them to task re poor room cleaning.

Now I'm home I'm considering a complaint re the room cleanliness, depends how busy I am......

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business