“Easy Dining”
Review of The Maltings

The Maltings
Ranked #30 of 233 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Maltings is a child- friendly licensed restaurant, right next door to the Holiday Inn Express on Dunkeld Road. We have a large capacity dining area, a bar area, outside dining area,a child's outdoor play area, and Tots TV room to keep the kids happy. Our menu has a wide and varied selection of meals to suit all tastes, as well as a number of deals to suit all budgets!
Reviewed 12 September 2018

we were seated within 5 minites & shown the menu order drinks & ordered within 10 minites thanks to our server Rhiannon. She was very attentive & explained what was available & not.
The meal was a lot better than we expected as usually pub chains seem to offer much the same however our meal was very well presented & was hot.
I would defiantly visit here again.

TheMaltingsGM, General Manager at The Maltings, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for giving Rhiannon a special mention. It was great to read that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you again sometime in the future.

Ross MacFarlane

Write a ReviewReviews (1 162)

18 - 22 of 1 162 reviews

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Picked here as there was 10 of us and we haven’t booked anywhere in town. On arrival it was busy and were told 30 min wait which was ok. Took about 20 min to get 2 booths together in a side area.

I can’t say I had a good experience today as we didn’t. After getting seated we waited a while to get our order taken ( we had menu’s while we waited) then on 3 occasions the waitress came back to tell us something we ordered was not available!!
The kids meals came with our staters our mains which was good but we had a wait if about 45 min after our starters for our mains to arrive!!. We decided not to have pudding as nobody came near our table once we had food and after going to get a waitress a few times for drinks orders and get kids deserts we decided that best get the bill and go home as we couldn’t determine how long it would take for the deserts to be made and come to us.

I know it was busy when I went in, but not all the time. What really let you down was not the time it took for our food but the state of the place. The place was covered in tables with plates and glasses on them, even on the bar area with no member of staff actively clearing up. As a customer that is really off putting when you looking at this. We passed tables with used plates and glasses on them when we were seated, on our way out 3 hours later same plates on same tables.. really not a good impression.

You need to see your business through the eyes of a customer and not just say your busy, lack of staff, someone didn’t show!! The manager should look at every area and get staff clearing as they go. No staff member should walk past a table of dirty plates time and time again ( this is not the 1st time I’ve been here and plates have been left for a long time on tables after the diner has gone)

Please improve your standards

3  Thank Jill M
TheMaltingsGM, General Manager at The Maltings, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Jill M

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and honest review of your visit, myself and my team really value guest feedback whether good or bad as this let us know the area we are good at and the areas we need to improve upon. I can only apologise for the poor standards your faced yesterday during your visit.

We were caught short yesterday with team but that should not have impacted your visit, the team member who served you is fairly new and its evident from your feedback we need to revisit some aspects of the training with her.

I can assure you that I will use your feedback to improve our standards and service and I hope that you notice the difference when you next dine with us, however if you wish to discuss your visit further then please feel free to contact me on 01738446079.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Good chat, very helpful. Forgive her for being Dundee Utd fan. Could be worse. Great service everytime and always smiling.

TheMaltingsGM, General Manager at The Maltings, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Philip R

Chelsea will be delighted by your feedback, thank you for taking the time to leave some :)

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I eat in The Maltings a lot cos it is the BEST . Last night I tried something different and went with the chick n mix. OMG. It was fantastic. There were five of us eating last night and each and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Can't fault the service and all for a very reasonable price. I simply love this place and all the staff.

TheMaltingsGM, General Manager at The Maltings, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Teenyanne

What a pleasure it was to read your review and share it with my team, they were delighted with your comments :)

We hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Recently visited for a large family get together. 14 of us in one group, the server was lovely, and very attentive. Food was brought out at a reasonable pace. Could not fault the service.

Our group aged from 3 to 60 years old and there was plenty of choice for everyone! Proper pub food suitable for all!

GrantTIN

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Kind regards