Reviews (1 277)
1 278 results
All reviews oldest hotel third floor buffet breakfast crisps old building haggis superior room central location friendly hotel car park centre of town single room first class family room staff were excellent short break main course
424 - 429 of 1 278 reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed in a huge triple room. The hotel is antique but in good status. We only stayed one night, but the it was good value for the price. Very nice breakfast and wide, ample room with a nice bathroom.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
SallyGM, Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback from your recent stay. I am really happy to see that you found the room to be large and have a lovely bathroom. I am also happy to see that you found the Breakfast to be very nice. I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Well, on a trip north we stopped for a walk through Perth, and stumbled upon the Salutation Hotel and Restaurant. What a great surprise it was for us as we had perhaps the best value for money deal lunch we have had in recent memory! A lovely two course lunch with tea for two was pennies over 20 pounds, and very delicious. Loads of tea and everything delivered with a smile. Such a perfect lunch experience I even felt compelled to let the manager know what a real pleasure it was for us. Very busy even for a mid week day, so plan ahead!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Many thanks for your kind words about your recent visit to our historic hotel. I am really happy to see that you found the Bar Meal to be excellent value for money and all served with a smile. I very much hope you will be able to return again and enjoy another perfect lunch with us.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Loved staying here. Roma are very comfortable and staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here to my family and friends. Great location and very handy to all local shops and bars.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SallyGM, Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send us a few lines about your recent stay. I am really happy to see that you found the rooms to be comfortable and the staff to be friendly. I am aslo happy to see that you found the location to be very handy for the local amenities. I hope you and your friends will come and stay soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

All the staff were really nice and helpful especially the reception staff. I had my dog with me and he was made at home by all the staff too. Yogi gives his paws up too.
We had dinner which had a few Vegetarian options.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback for your stay, I am really happy to see that you found that yourself and your dog were made to feel at home and found all the staff to be nice and helpful. I hope you will come and stay again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We stayed here only one night on our trip to Scotland. We booked a family room which said one double bed and one single bed on the reservation; in actuality it was two twin beds and one bunk bed. We had a good laugh...settled our son into the bunk, and then did our best Lucy and Ricky good night kiss as we turned into our separate beds!

Check-in was easy and very personal; it was like we were friends that they were waiting for. They asked if we wanted a newspaper in the morning; and told us about the included breakfast. She also did a good job of explaining the parking option, which was helpful (it's a public lot that charges after 9am...but she explained that if we paid that night it would roll over to the morning and we wouldn't have to go down and pay in the am). The room was clean and had all the things you expect in an old hotel (creaky floors, etc.). We had an issue with the hot water in the bathroom for showers, but not enough to ruin our stay.

My favorite part was the coffee/tea set up in the room, complete with some Walkers Shortbread Cookies. Yummy!

Breakfast was so great. It's served in their dining room, proper service with linens. Food is served buffet style and had a good variety including some tradition Scottish fare like haggis and black pudding (blood sausage).

All in all it was a great stop on our Scotland experience.

Room tip: Clarify the sleeping situation if you're picky about twin beds!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family