All reviews scone palace race course wild boar cullen skink caravan site chicken with haggis rural surroundings bike rally last minute business trip lovely modern hotel enjoyable and relaxing stay dog friendly hotel brought our dog pure luxury comfy sleep ordered eggs benedict itison deal
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and my family stayed here as we were attending the Braw races at the race course. The rooms were lovely and clean, food was beautiful and I was so impressed with Nick, our barman. He was so friendly and nothing was a hassle to him. He made us feel very welcome. What a great asset to your business.

Only downside was a very miserable waiter, he clearly didn’t want to be there and made us feel as if we were an inconvenience and rolling his eyes. My children even picked up on his attitude and referred to him as “the grumpy man”. He was very rude to another family who came in for breakfast in the morning, shouting loudly about how they wouldn’t be getting free breakfast etc. I feel like that could have been handled differently and if it had been myself he was talking to like that, I wouldn’t have let him off so lightly.

Apart from that, it was a brilliant stay and I have raved to all my work colleagues and friends about what a great place. Hopefully we will be back at the next family race day :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CrayRayVayCay
Daryl T, Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi CrayRayVayCay, thank for the review, we are glad you highly recommend us and that Nick was setting a great impression as he usually does. As it was the end of racing when you stayed we still had half racing set up half normal set up but we are glad that you still enjoyed it. Now about 'Mr Grumpy' all we can do is highly apologies as no one ever should receive that kind of serves. Specially not here at the lodge as we normally all aim to provide a high customer service. The man has been talked to about the matter and he was having an off day but this should have been shown to you our guests. Apologies, hope this incident can be put in the past and you can come stay with us when we have another family race day. Thank you and hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Disabled room, was clean and comfortable but lacked some basics. Shelves in bathroom, seating area etc staff were very friendly and lovely seating area outside. Would be great if you were actually on site with horses.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Bumbles72, Thank you for the constructive review. This is definitely something that we can look at and think about the ergonomic design of the room. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with ourselves and you though the staff were friendly. Hopefully next time you stay with us you will see some horses.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very nice and extremely convenient for my meeting at the racecourse.
I left my wireless headphones in the room. When I realised late in the evening when on my way home I called the hotel and was pleasantly surprised that they had been handed in. The manager happily agreed for post them to me. I received them a week or so later. Very helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daryl T, Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for the review glad you had a great stay with ourselves. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

One issue with reviewing on Trip Advisor is that 3 stars is Average, and 4 Stars; Very Good.

I would Class my stay at the hotel as Good.
There are some issues that I found for which I would not say it was Very Good. But for the benefit of the score, I have gone 4 stars instead of 3.

The hotel is a couple of miles from Perth Centre. If you are driving into the city, parking is free after 6pm. The alternatives would be a taxi. I would rule out public transport (unless it’s a race day, as there is a bus stop at the racecourse).

The car park is large, you won’t have an issue parking. Mixture of work and private vehicles in the car park.

Check in was efficient and the reception/bar and restaurant were modern. I saw an ‘opening’ plaque on the wall saying the accommodation was opened in 2016.

I had a room on the ground floor. I believe the hotel is a modular pre-fabricated one, and not a bricks and mortar. While pre/fab accommodation is popular, I found that the noise in my room (from the hall and from the room above) was excessive. Insofar as when the guests in the room above me were walking around, you could hear and feel (suitcases) it.

The room was spotless and modern. Only issue was the double bed that parted in the night and set itself on different levels. Meaning, you picked a side to sleep on.

The view from the room was a fenced off back garden that didn’t contain anything. The window in the room opened a couple of inches.

The nights sleep (apart from the bed and some early evening noise) was good.

Shower/Bathroom was clean, and no issues.

I didn’t have an evening meal in the restaurant but there were plenty of people dining. There was an overpowering smell of fish which I noticed on check in and when leaving the accommodation (not rotten fish, but cooked fish).

Check out was straight forward, again friendly staff who were working the breakfast area, the bar area and reception. But the guy did a good job of doing it all.

Breakfast was ok. The ingredients were good, but it was a single item breakfast.
I.E one sausage, bacon, pudding and egg.
Not very hearty if you have a full day a head of you. (The hotel May Day you could have asked for more, but the server could have intimated, not for the fans of buffet breakfasts that tend to fill up on a morning to see them through to late lunch).
There was a selection of cereals but I would hold short of calling it a continental selection.

In summary, the rate I paid was an excellent one. The hotel has friendly staff and is clean and modern. I would stay here again, only asking for a room on the upper floor. I would also have some cereal etc.. at breakfast, as the full Scottish cooked breakfast is a bit measly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Daryl T, General Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for the detailed review Sunburst1111, normally when business people stay with us we try our best to offer a quiet room located upstairs, but when we have a full house it is hard to control. Next time you stay with us you can request upstairs room and you should hear less noise or none. We do have a bus route 10 minutes’ walk from us but most our guests would rather get a taxi as it is uphill. As of breakfast we are a budget hotel and have a 3-star rating compared to other 3-star hotels our breakfast range is fantastic. Not a lot of 3-star hotels offer a selection of breakfasts made to order. With the heartiness of the breakfast, guests are always welcome to ask for extra items. As we are trying to reduce wastage rather than putting too much on one plate. Yes, our continental option is limited and it is a work in progress as most our guest order food of the menu, this makes the small continental range seems appropriate. For the bed situation we are really sorry that the beds were not securely fastened together properly. Normally this is not the case, so we apologise and will let the house keepers know if they don’t already know by now that the beds are not securely fastened. The window situation is because of safety, the room is located on the bottom floor but it is to also discourage people exiting the room through the window.
Hope you stay with us again and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I know the World Cup is in on but not everyone is interested if you want to show football put it on in the bar (ops it was) not in the restaurant where people want a quiet meal. People whistling etc just not acceptable
Will NOT be back a reasonable stay ruined

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrian M
Daryl T, Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi Adrian, I am incredibly sorry that the world cup was on in the restaurant. We normally just have quiet music on that is relaxing and goes with the ambiance of the restaurant. As we had a full house the night of this incident everyone in the restaurant had pre-booked a table and had requested before you arrived that the TV was playing the world cup with England’s opening game. Normally we do not switch the TV on but in this instant the bar area was full and it was a mutual agreement with the guests at the time. If you had brought this issue to the server’s attention during your meal that you were finding the football to be interrupting we would have happily turned it off straight away. Again, we apologise and we are upset that this incident ruined your 4-night stay with ourselves, and the score you gave us seems really low for just the TV incident, no other complaints about food or the rooms were brought to our attention. Hopefully you can see passed this incident and come stay with us again at the Lodge. Kind regards