“Wonderful Food and Above and Beyond Service”
Review of The Albany

The Albany
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Greenock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: There’s a great vibe at The Albany as our refurbished Bar & Cafe/Brasserie is now open! The new relaxed atmosphere, extended bar and seating area gives you more space and a fresh look; perfect for chilling out whilst enjoying some refreshing drinks and delicious food. We’ve got your night out covered at The Albany!
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

What can I say, our friends were arriving into Greenock on a cruise ship and due to bad weather arrived late. I contacted Stuart and arranged for our friends to eat at the Albany. I also asked Stuart if he could purchase a 50th wedding anniversary card and sign it from myself and my husband and arrange for me to pay the first round of drinks. They couldn’t have been more helpful if they tried. Though I did not try the food (as I am in Kent) all four said the food was great...even the haggis, plentiful portions and really tasty food. The fish and chips were great and the batty not soggy. The service they were given was fantastic and they had a great time in the Albany. Showed true Scottish hospitality. Would recommend this place wholeheartedly. Thank you Stuart and Angela, even though my hubby and I couldn’t be with them, you did so much for us to make that visit special, it was like we were there. Thank you once again.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank FiS417

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Tried this place again different menu from before very good choices for the before 6.30 pm cut off great value for money great we girl serving very polite and couldn't be any more helpful Julie was her name so credit where its due also kitchen staff for getting our meals out hot my only criticism was for my main I chose baked potato with butter and side salad there where it got let down salad was pathetic even getting pre packed ones in would be good as what was classed a salad was not my idea of one even lettuce and tomato would have been lovely but enjoyed my other 2courses very much

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I live overseas and try to visit here when I’m back. We also used The Albany a few years ago for an afternoon tea for my Mum’s 70th and a top notch job was done for this occasion.
This time I had dinner with my Mum and my two boys. We had a lovely dinner ! I had a chicken enchilada which I remember as being delicious the last time I was there, it was again very tasty. The boys had a kids potion of chicken strips and sausage and chips, good sized portions and scoffed by both kids. My mum wanted the chicken strips and the waitress offered her a larger kids portion ( as it wasn’t on the adult menu), she was very pleased!
The staff are young, but friendly and very accommodating. We all enjoyed our dinners, but my Mum unfortunately thought her chicken batter was a tad on the greasy side, I’m sure this is down to personal taste as my eldest son devoured his chicken!
The setting is fantastic in an old church and what a great job you are doing on the entertainment side of things. Great to see live acts coming to town and at great prices for tickets and variety of acts!
I will always come back as it’s just a great spot to eat and relax!

Hello lesleystables,

Thank you for your lovely review! It was such a pleasure reading it. We are so pleased you enjoyed another visit to The Albany and that we were able to cater to your Mum's special request.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Albany.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We were looking for a nice quiet establishment to take my 90 year old mother-in-law
for afternoon tea and gluten free baking. The Albany fitted the bill perfectly , no kids charging about , quiet background music and comfortable seats.
The staff were excellent explaining the different gluten free options . This is a very
peaceful place to enjoy a chat and a perfect coffee.

Hello george_m_brown

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are a family run business and welcome families with children to The Albany. I'm glad it was a quieter day you were in so your mother-in-law could enjoy her afternoon with you.

We look forward to seeing you soon at The Albany.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Fish and chips best I've tasted and I've been a few times and never been disappointed had a few nights out also and the staff always friendly and helpful

Date of visit: July 2018

Hello hutchy6236,

Thank you for your message. We do get a lot of great feedback on our Fish and Chip from customers and so I am glad you enjoyed it too!

We look forward to welcoming you to The Albany soon :)