All reviews scot and heather ben nevis inn perfect location tourist path west highland way twin room self catering cottage climbing ben comfortable accommodations fruit smoothies perfect hosts three nights visiting the area fluffy towels rooms are large the main house quiet area
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I really can't rate this place or the owners high enough, Scot and Heather are wonderful people and made us extremely welcome right from the start. We had 2 nights B&B booked so we could take on the mighty Ben Nevis and our stay here made our task a most pleasurable one indeed.
The room was very well presented with everything you'd expect and breakfast was cooked to perfection. I would stay here again without hesitation, top marks to Achintee .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I could go on and on and I'd give this place 10 stars if I could. My cousin and I failed to plan accordingly for accommodations and were extremely fortunate to have found the BnB room here.
Initially we were offered to just leave our things in a hold to lighten our packs for the hike by Dominic. After some consideration we decided to take the room and very happy we did. The room was perfect, but the wit and charm of our host Scott really made the experience one we cherished. The breakfast was also top notch and they even accommodated my vegan cousin :) Couldnt have asked for anything more, thanks for everything and especially keeping us in stitches. Im sure we'll be back to conquer Nevis with our pals again and obviously we will be booking here in advance. CHEERS!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Just spent a fabulous week at Shepherds Cottage on Achintee Farm, it was perfect! It’s a really cosy, comfortable traditional ‘But n Ben’ where you can really relax and unwind in front of the wood burning stove.

It’s ideally situated close enough to walk to Fort William and is on the Ben Nevis walk! Also, if you don’t fancy cooking or would like to enjoy a drink, you have the delightful Ben Nevis Inn on your doorstep! Perfect!

Another two important points are the bed is really comfy and the cottage spotlessly clean!

We really loved it and will be back later in the year!
Thanks Heather and Scott!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

My buddy and I wanted to scale Ben Nevis and Achintee Farm is the perfect location for this. We stayed in a twin room in the hostel side and it was a mini flat really with two twin rooms. This was excellent as it was quiet and had a wee kitchen for cooking etc. The bed was really comfy, particularly after the hike. A great location and a great wee place, would thoroughly recommend it. Plus it's cheap!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My one-night stay at Achintee was so nice that I nearly ate my paid-for reservation in Fort William for the next night to stay there again. It’s location at the foot of Ben Nevis (and the trail head) was perfect as I was finishing the West Highland Way with a hike up Ben Nevis, but it’s a lovely place to stay even if you’re not hiking. It’s a quick walk to dinner and/or beers at the wonderful Ben Nevis Inn just behind the house and up a lane.
The ivy-covered house is warm and inviting as are hosts Scott and Heather. The bedroom and en-suite bathroom I had were large and comfortable. It has a great book collection, and Scott gave me some writer recommendations when I mentioned interest. Breakfast was lovely. That morning, Scott gave us a weather report and advice and let us keep our bags there while we hiked Ben Nevis with a smaller pack to collect later that afternoon. We also borrowed a map. It was a wonderful stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple