“A nice clean pool, great to go when it rains.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lochaber Leisure centre
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Took the kids to the family hour and it was well worth it. Not too busy and lots of floaty things for them to play with .

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Zoe F

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We were looking for something to do on a rainy day whilst on holiday in Fort William. Visited on a Saturday morning for the family swim and then stayed on for the open swim.

Good changing facilities, with a specific room with individual extra large cubicles for families which were big enough for us with our 7 yr old and 5 yr old twins. Everything was nice and clean.

Nice selection of foam floaties in a cordoned off area for the family swim.

Prices were pretty reasonable. Staff were helpful on the phone before visiting with session times and prices, and were friendly and helpful in person, even bothering to ask if we had been before and directing us to the changing area.

Highly recommended

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

Great place for the family To go for a dip or for some physical activities.
Very clean and well managed.
Family membership is very resonably priced.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank macleanguesthouse
Reviewed 17 October 2014

This is a lovely pool in Fort William, close to the town centre so easy to walk to, good temperature and has a viewing area so if one parent isn't going swimming they can watch and chat. great facility.

Date of experience: October 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited this centre which advertises "activities, attractions & a great place to shop". Sorry but we saw no activities or attractions and as for a great place to shop we saw a selection box of Talisker malt whiskeys at twice the price we paid for the IDENTICAL pack at the distillery only the day before!

However, our biggest disappointment was in its delivery of its advertised "Tea for Two at only £10." We had driven back into Fort William from another attraction as the offer of a "selection of sandwiches & cakes with cream & jam scones" at £10 for two seemed too good to refuse but it was us who ended up being refused!

We stood at the counter, at 4.20 pm, for at least 2 minutes but got no response from anyone as nobody was actually in the cafe serving area. When someone deigned to appear from the kitchen area & I mentioned tea we were told - not asked - to wait by the till to order. Another 2 or 3 minutes passed before another employee emerged and when we ordered the advertised tea - there were 6 of us by the way- we were told that they stopped serving that at 4pm. When I pointed out that their advertising leaflet, seen at numerous locations around the town, including our hotel & the TIC, had no times suggesting a restriction on ordering we were told that they finish serving this tempting offer every day at 4 pm as if we were supposed to know this!

Having come out of our way, we naturally ordered just a cuppa but we noticed others trying to order the same item - about another 20 people came into the cafe in the next 25 minutes.

On leaving I looked around for a senior member of staff so I could make a comment, but it took a good 5 minutes before I could approach a kilted manager; the one assistant I attempted to make a comment to said I should see one of the managers. I pointed out to him that the promo leaflet had items that would easily attract people but that there really ought to be some idea of when the offers were available or more to the point when they were not available. Even the in-store advertising board - prominently displayed failed to provide end of service times. Indeed, I pointed out, had we eaten first rather than shopped first we could have taken advantage of the offer.

Sadly, he was far too unimpressed to listen & was very dismissive. When I suggested they would lose money and customers he proved even more dismissive by saying we have no problem in making money whereupon he turned around and walked away from me! My only retort was that he'd have to read about it on Trip Advisor so here it is!

Finally, I now realised that this is an outlet of Edinburgh Woollen Mill, a high street retailer for whom I have hitherto had a healthy respect for but sadly no longer. At this outlet they have no consideration for their customers or their opinions, they determine when & if they are served properly, so if you are in the Fort William area do not bother trying to take up their offers as they are patently uninterested in delivering them!

Date of experience: May 2014