All reviews drying room ben nevis big kitchen perfect location communal areas great place to stay great facilities single room comfortable beds comfortable stay amazing views family room climbers plug base storage duvet
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

Had an absolutely fantastic stay this weekend 2 nights. Rooms spotless, hospitality faultless. Food and drink first class. I would like to say a big thanks to the Staff of this hostel who were extremely helpful and welcoming to our group. They went above and beyond to ensure we had a great stay. A BIG THANKS! Also would like to say thanks for checking in with us and caring about our safety after a long day on the hill! I can’t recommend this hostel enough and will definitely be back!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HostellingScot, Guest Relations Manager at Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Good Afternoon Curiosity14141858487,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our Glen Nevis hostel last season.

We really appreciate the positive feedback and I am so pleased you had such a positive experience.

We do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here the night before doing the 3 peak challenge. The hostel is modern, the kitchen is brand new and fully equipped inc huge fridges and ovens! Perfectly located at the foot of Ben Nevis, the trail literally starts outside. Spacious seating/dining area. Check in was easy, we were in 8 bed dorm - beds are solid although being 6’7” they were too short for me and because solid wood there was no holes to stick my feet through. The room got very very hot in the night and we had window open, couldn’t see if there was a controllable radiator anywhere as was dark. It was annoying having to strip the bed sheets at 4am and I’m sure our room mates didn’t appreciate it much. Big Morrison’s a couple of miles down the road in fort William for food/supplies.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Jon_Griffin

Thank you for your review on our Glen Nevis hostel last season.

We really do appreciate the positive feedback that you have given us and we will take your other comments on board.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I’m not used to youth hostels so I was somewhat apprehensive about what to expect, but wow, what a fantastic place.
I gather it has been recently refurbished and it was stunning. Obviously, amazing views but clean, very comfortable beds (and I was in the top bunk), warm, great cooking facilities and friendly, efficient staff.
I’d definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Jenbash306,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on our property last season.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us in Glen Nevis and we do hope you come to stay some time in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Stayed at the Glen Nevis for four days, absolutely brilliant! And very convenient if you are in Fort William to climb Ben Nevis!
Clean, fresh, and spacious and welcoming is the best way to describe the new revamped Glen Nevis Hostel, Situated right in the middle of and surrounded by sheer beauty! .
Friendly and helpful staff through the day and always someone at the desk in the evenings should you need anything.
Clean bathrooms, showers and toilets. Spacious communal Kitchen with plenty of fridge/freezer space for your own food.
Everything is there for you to use and they have a cleaning service should you need to clean your clothes.
Lovely walks to be had in the surrounding areas and a small restaurant/pub near by (3mins walking distance from The Glen Nevis).
Right opposite the Glen Nevis is the bridge and river which you cross to begin the Ben Nevis trail (not for the faint hearted and you will need a sense of humour).
They do provide (at an extra charge) maps, repellent, packed lunches, varied beverages.
All in all they are extremely organised and proficient and I would definitely go back and definitely recommend it to other hard core hikers.
I had a brilliant time on my solo trek to Fort William/Ben Nevis and even if you are not a mountain climber there is so much wildlife and scenery and other activities taking place that you would not be short of anything to do or see!
Great place to stay :)

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear 330evan,

Thank you for your lovely comments on our property last season.

We really do appreciate your positive feedback on our hostel as we are proud of the newly refurbished hostel.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The hostel was recently renovated which means that everything in it is brand new and very nice. Our room (for 4 people) had its own bathroom. The kitchen was amazing, big and well-equipped. It is a perfect place for someone who wants to go hiking up to Ben Nevis as it is literally only across a river. I only lacked a common room or a place where I could relax with a book.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Klara,

Thank you for your kind reviews of our property last season.

We really do appreciate the positive feedback that you have given us and we will take your comments on board.

We do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Guest Relations Manager