“Quick dinner”

Number 27
Ranked #19 of 281 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$0 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My GF and I were looking for somewhere in town not McDs for a meal. She suggested this place. We never booked and just walked in. They were busy but managed to fit us in. We both had the chicken, it was lovely couldn't faulter it at all. I loved the black pudding mash potatoes. I would recommend this place, but book first.

2  Thank Kenny M

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We ate here at the suggestion of our B&B and was very happy we did. My husband had a steak dinner and I had trout and both were fantastic. For dessert the sticky toffee pudding was incredible. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Laurie F
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for a meal as part of a hen party. Food was beautiful and where we were sat we could see the chef’s cooking our food. Very central. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Adele W
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We arrived in Inverness on a Friday evening without a restaurant reservation. Many of the places we wanted to visit were booked so we ended up at Number 27 mainly because they had a table for us. It looks like a typical pub so we did not expect much from the food. Boy we were surprised. I had the grilled sea trout -- the fish was moist and flavorful. It was the kind of dish you would expect at a fancier restaurant. Kudos to the chef!

2  Thank Oneill009
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Really busy on a Monday night. By 7.30 orders would only be taken at 8pm assuming there was a table free.

We were recommended No.27 by our landlady who gave us a voucher for two malt whiskeys. Had the steak special which came with a free glass of red wine. The grilled mushrooms and cherry tomatoes were lovely. Steak cooked to order but had gristle so about 10% inedible. Maybe only my steak was tough as I watched what other people who had ordered steak left on their plates. Seemed like they had better pieces and or better teeth. As I don’t drink waitress gave me a sparkling water instead which was kind. The barmaid brought sparkling water in red wine by mistake and generously left it for my husband and still brought me a sparkling water. Best dish for us was the haggis stack. Food aside, service was friendly and the waitresses cooperated well helping each other out. Hence atmosphere was warm. This is not a destination restaurant but if you find it accidentally you would be pleased

2  Thank gek_lee