“Real Fishing From a Real Fishing Family”
Review of You Fish Scotland

You Fish Scotland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You Fish Scotland will look after your every requirement. All you have to do is be ready to go and thats it! We will provide you with all the equipment and have you fishing straight away. We have access to some amazing waters that include Scotland's famous Hill lochs, Famous Named Rivers and our very own privately owned waters. We have a Log Cabin designed for the fisher and his or her partner. They can sit and relax under the verandah and watch the passing wildlife while you are out catching the fish of your dreams. We will provide Lunch and beverages throughout and give you a true Scottish day to remember. Fly fishing in Inverness is only minutes away. You can be fly fishing for Atlantic salmon, Wild Brown Trout, Pike, Perch and Sea Trout within minutes.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We consider ourselves good fisherman and our son has fly fished all over the US but you will get a real lesson on fly fishing from Wes and his family. He has lived a real life and fishing is his passion. He will motivate you to want to take a risk and fish somewhere exotic. We all caught fish and I mean fish! The color and the fight of the fish is one of kind and my daughter even got an 8 pounder. My son float tubed the entire lake. But what makes the trip worth it is that it’s his home he owns the entire area. His wife and mother in law made us a home made lunch. The fishing became only part of it - the family experience sold it... and his daughter guides too! You will not want to leave.

All reviews
in 50 reviews
"casting"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Never tried Fly fishing but was interested to give it a go and You Fish Scotland offered all that I needed.
They provided everything and even collected us and returned us to our accommodation. We were provided with all the clothes and equipment, experienced tuition, food and drink and most of all a fantastic experience. Can't wait to go again. I would recommend You Fish Scotland.

1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Wes, Roz and Jen were so accommodating! The journey was last minute and the experience we received was out of this world!

The guiding was first class and the hospitality was outstanding.

I would highly recommend You Fish Scotland to all of my friends and look forward to heading back in 2018!

2  Thank Chris m
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Just back from the second visit to this fantastic location. Last year it was to celebrate my birthday. This year it was to celebrate my son's. We had a great time thanks to the knowledge of Wes, the catering of Roz and the patience of Jen. We caught plenty of stunning rainbows that fought like mad. Staying 3 nights in the log cabin was a unique experience that was the icing on the cake. We will be back again as soon as we can. Would not hesitate to recommend You Fish Scotland to all abilities.

1  Thank TexasTom999
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Wes has access to a number of different venues-you need to give him an idea of what you want to do. I am a fly fisherman, and I wanted a sampling of fly fishing venues. I also wanted an introduction to spey casting and Atlantic salmon fly fishing. I had a fantastic experience. In the lochs, you may or may not get into 30 fish, but the fish you get into are large and strong. Commonly in the 2-5 lb range, but also some real monster trout-8-10 lb trout in some of those lochs. Very fertile water, so lots of different aquatic insects hatching at various times of the day (I fished the 3rd week of September). Also had a great day on the River Spey, learning the art of spey casting. Saw lots of Atlantic salmon, but it's analogous to steelhead fishing in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.-you'd be lucky to hook one in 3-4 days, and luckier to land such an athletic fish. You will enjoy Wes, and his guides. I hope that you get to experience Bobby Hall, on the River Spey. Have your "listening ears on" if you engage Bobby in a conversation!

1  Thank HStringert