Kingsmills Hotel
US$194
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$175
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Glenmoriston Town House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$237
Reviews (1 973)
1 973 results
1 006
1 006
All reviewskings clubthe main hotelkingsclub spagarden roomspa buildingleisure clubluxury roomlovely hotelleisure facilitiesswimming poolconservatory restaurantbunk bedssauna and steam roomon arrivalseparate showerhuge bedwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
990 - 995 of 1 973 reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Title says it all, having investigated pretty much every hotel in Inverness I was hoping I had picked well and I did! My husband and I had a fantastic break having opted for the spa break package with breakfast. The massage treatments were great albeit a little shorter than expected (40 Mins rather than the full hour we had paid for) and my only other qualm would have to be the pool area (which is in the main building away from the treatments) completely over run with 10 year olds screaming and splashing as loudly as possible! Cut our relax by the pool short along with a number of other couples :( These are the only reasons I didn't give it 5 stars. We were in the Kingclub apartments across from the hotel which were perfectly presented and had great views over the Golf course - lovely balcony and bed with a nice bathroom and plenty of space. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: King club rooms are the best
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2015

Stayed here weekend between Christmas and New Year, booked back in January 2014 from email newsletter for January sale deal for 2night stay with meal the first night. Enjoyed our stay, and usual efficient reception staff got upgrade again this time to the Kingsclub spa which we were happy with until we got to the room and bed was put together but made up with single bed linen very strange, could not get tv to work but husband worked out that cable was loose and hanging out at back of tv he managed to push this back in. Went for our meal and this was nice very enjoyable. Then decided to complain about our sleeping arrangements - very glad we did as housekeeping came over and re made bed with the correct linen to ensure we had the large bed we wanted. Breakfast as usual was excellent freshly cooked tasty and very good choice, although I have to say both mornings we were lucky when we went down as timed it well but I think at busy times the experience could be different. I also noticed rail above shower in our room loose, my husband pushed back in but needs attention and cable was out again at back of tv after housekeeping had been in to do our room, so had to push this back in again. Leisure facilities good. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go back but this time it lost a rating purely on the minor attention to detail such as the bed arrangement and repairs required with room which is a shame, filled in feedback form but not sure if these are actually followed up after our first visit. Drinks at bar are expensive.

Room Tip: On both our stays we booked the hotel to stay in but both times been upgraded to the Kingsclub part of the hotel, which is great but not sure how this happens as if booking again you pay for a room that you want which makes you wary on what price grade of room to pay for in the first place and to get free upgrade on price paid for a second time maybe was just lucky?
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2015

So, I stay here a lot - and the hotel is nice. Staff are good. rooms are ok.

I am just so resentful of the fact that internet for 24 hours is £9.95, yet the internet connection is completely unacceptable. This review has taken about 30 mins for me to connect to get to this page, and I have no idea if it will actually post.

Come on guys, if you are going to charge for it, at least it should have sufficient bandwidth to allow general browsing.

I think this is indicative of the fact that there are other cost saving corners being cut that are not so obvious. That worries me.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jjaneymo
Reviewed 18 January 2015

We were touring about Scotland on our motorcycle with friends and had booked at Kinsmills. A very good choice.

Great service, great room. Nice grounds. Had to get used to the fact the sun stayed up so late this time of year this far north but we pulled the blinds.

A very relaxing couple of nights in some great country.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

We were first given a room upstairs but when we got there out side the window was air conditioning units. I won't down and complained saying I wouldn't be able to sleep with that out side. The lady and the desk was wonderful and upgraded us to the kings club and spa for the night. It was a lovely room. I would definitely stay there again. The only downside was the girl while serving us the manager came up to her and started making a scene about missing money and she calmly said I'm helping this lady right now and he went away I felt sorry for the lady.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple