“Very nice introduction to Inverness”

Inverness Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Waterways Tour is an Adult only guided cycle tour on flat cycle paths, canal towpaths and some minor roads. We use comfortable cruiser bikes which are easy to ride. Our tour takes us out of the city as we ride along the River Ness going through the beautiful Ness Islands then we will stop for 20 minutes at the Inverness Botanical Gardens before we ride along the world famous Caledonian Canal viewing the stairway locks at Muirtown therafter we head through the only nature reserve in the Highlands hopefully seeing otters, dolphins and interesting birds before heading back along the River Ness to the city. Distance covered 10km. Duration 2 hours.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I took this tour early in my stay and would recommend others do the same! You'll see things outside the city center that you wouldn't have seen otherwise. I'm an out of practice rider due to an injury in years past, but Alison was very kind and kept things safe.

alison m, Owner at Inverness Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you Heather for your review and recommendation I enjoyed showing you the Waterways of Inverness and hope you enjoy the trip to Orkney.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"frequent stops"
"the river"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"two hours"
in 7 reviews
"ride"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

For our last day in Inverness, my daughter and I went on the bike tour and it was just like the other reviewers said: simply wonderful! Lots of information, beautiful scenery and places you just wouldn't be able to discover on your own. We particularly liked the botanical gardens (highly recommended, it was hard to leave). Our only regret is that we didn't do the bike tour on the first day we arrived, so we could go back to some of the places we visited. Now we'll have to return to Inverness...

alison m, Owner at Inverness Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. I enjoyed meeting you both. I am delighted you enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the Botanical Gardens. I look forward to seeing you when you come back.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did the Waterways tour in the afternoon. It was an easy, pleasant ride with lots of beautiful nature and interesting historical tidbits provided by a very knowledgeable and thoughtful guide. Alison took us to beautiful parts of Inverness we would never have found on our own. Highly recommend!

alison m, Owner at Inverness Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation I enjoyed meeting you both and showing you the beautiful parts of Inverness I am glad it was a highlight of your trip. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Wonderful experience. Fun tour. Very informational-history and nature. Loved the stop at the botanical gardens. The ness Isle part was my favorite. Bikes are in great condition and helmets are provided. The guide is fun, polite, and concerned for our safety at all times. Very reasonably priced and easy to find. Definitely worth it.

alison m, Owner at Inverness Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you Alexandra for your review, I am very happy that you enjoyed our Waterways tour and especially the Botanical Gardens and the Ness Islands. I hope you both enjoy the rest of your vacation.