“Special Place In Our Hearts”

Review of Red Kite Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Laura W
Edinburgh
“Special Place In Our Hearts”
Reviewed 20 October 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Me and my partner, my Mum, Dad and our two wee dogs stayed here over New Year 2013/2014. From the very warm welcome we received (although we were very early) right up until we left, we had the best time at this cabin. My partner and I got engaged while we were staying here and plan to return for a week after our wedding next year as it would be silly to go anywhere else really. Far enough from the hustle and bustle but close enough to stock up on food. Easy location to travel from. Lovely, clean and warm with remarkable views all around. Can't wait to go back!!

Liked best: Perfect location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Kirsteen...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Tranquil Bliss”
Reviewed 13 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

After a very hard / stressful year my husband and I longed to get away and re-charge our batteries, I had been up north when little but had no expectations as an adult, I just wanted somewhere after a day of dog walking I could lay my head and be ready for the next day.
Upon easy arrive at our destination we were greeted with the most beautiful cabin, all stocked up with everything we would need for the first couple of days until we found our feet. The fridge also contained a welcome bottle of wine along side the milk.
Margaret (owner) came over as we share an entry drive to her home and was so pleasant .
The cabin has a full sky package, stereo, books, cd's, games, hot water bottles for those cold winter nights, picnic bags , washing powder for the washer/dryer, hair dryer, the only items we had to supply were our shower gels / shampoo and tooth brushes / paste.
The location is ideal for access to Inverness or for a quick 10 minute drive to Fortrose to see the Dolphins and Seals, A quick 2 minute drive past Fortrose to quaint village of Rosemarkie provides you with a perfect family walk through Fairy Glen and it's waterfalls.

We can not wait till we return in the near future.

Liked best: Home from Home
Liked least: Nothing, far better than I expected
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Warringto...
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This is our second stay at Red Kite Cottage. I would recommend it to anyone. It is clean and has everything you require and more. It is ideally positioned to access the east and west coasts. It is quite and relaxing but close enough to Inverness to stock up. We will be returning for a third stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacy and tranquillity and red kites!!!
Liked least: having to leave...
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
dundee
Reviewed 29 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Fife
Reviewed 12 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing