“drinks”

Ranked #10 of 53 Dessert in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing gin slushes to cool you down in thia weather and a lovely fresh salad to go with it love this place

Wallace100, General Manager at Wallace Well Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this for my daughter's 10th birthday so a fairly important event.

I've given 2 as the food was average and the serving staff were trying but clearly overrun. And it was one of the warmest days in Glasgow for over 20 years so there were a few customers.

We ordered 3 starters. Me, my son, and a one between my wife and daughter's. 10 minutes after theirs was served I navigated my way around to eventually find someone to ask where mine was. A few more minutes and out it came...cold!

An hour and 10 after starters, I asked where the mains were. An apology and offer of free deserts, then another 5 minutes before it was served. We'd lost our appetites by now.

Mixed grill dry and thrown together. Ploughman's lunch? Who puts a hot sausage roll on top of a cold salad? Macaroni tasted like tinned Heinz according to my daughter. Son gave his burger a good shot but as before, he'd lost his appetite.

We left. Most of the food we'd paid and waited for was uneaten. A queue about 10 deep was in front of the one person serving at the bar so we boycotted the free deserts, but I did ask the waitress who quickly appeared to clear our table if this was a typical experience, and all she could was apologise and claim staffing problems.

Not her fault but also not good enough. If you can't handle it, employ more low paid staff or close. It's a simple solution.

A forgettable birthday meal for the one and only time my daughter will turn 10.

I’m sorry you had a poor experience at Wallace Well Farm, if you wish to discuss this further please contact the General Manager on 0141 558 9127

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Place looks as if is being ran by children 10 minutes to get served, couldn't get the carvary because no one was there, had to walk around the full place like three times due to food etc being left on the tables, finally when I got served I got gave the wrong drink.

Didn't want to come in the first place my partner wanted to come but this confirms I won't be back.

Wallace100, General Manager at Wallace Well Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

I am really sorry for your poor experience,if you wish to discuss this further please call me on 0141 558 9127

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Been at this restaurant a lot when it first opened grand son 1st birthday so We thought go to Wallace well farm for his birthday with family on Tuesday night it was quite not a lot of staff on we where disappointed food the carvery was not the best the salad bar was not much there needed top up wait 15 minutes to get a ice cream for grandson don't think we will be back

I am so sorry you had such a poor experience here at Wallace well,if you wish to discuss this further please call me on 0141 558 9127

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I visit Wallace Well regularly with my family and highly recommend it. The food and carvery quality is fantastic and the service is always first class. The staff are all so friendly and welcoming. The cakes are amazing too!

Thank you for the kind response,if you wish to discuss this further please call me on 0141 558 9127