“So good it’s dangerous!!!”
Review of Rioja

Rioja
Ranked #235 of 2 615 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Finnieston Pop Up is a contemporary bar serving Spanish tapas till late.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited Rioja for dinner with a friend and it was fabulous!! It wasn’t too busy when we went in so we got a good table with plenty of room. Our server was lovely, very welcoming and friendly. We ordered a ton of food mainly because my friend is mainly vegetarian but eats fish - I hate fish but eat everything else so we ordered a real range of dishes and every one of them was fabulous. I loved the pan Catalan - basically just bread and tomato but since discovering it in Barcelona I loved it and Rioja’s was soooo good. I also loved the chicken croquettes- crunchy then melted in the mouth. The meatballs were amazing - so rich and tasty with a fabulous sauce/gravy. My friend loved her food every bit as much - can’t remember what she got but one of the dishes was prawns!!

Rioja is a fantastic, authentic Spanish tapas restaurant and this was confirmed by my sister when I took her there as she lives in Catalonia and loved it too.

1  Thank 193cat
Manager R, General Manager at Rioja, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 193cat.

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and great comments about our food and service. We already can't wait to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

An interesting take on a Spanish tapas bar, and food quality was good. However, portions small and over priced - nearly £3 for some bread and olive oil!!

Manager R, Manager at Rioja, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear jdr109

Thank you for your review and I am glad you have recognised the quality of our food.
I am very disappointed to read, that you think our portions are small and overpriced. As you can see other reviews, our customers seems to be more than satisfied with our portion sizes. Our bread is Spanish bread and it's of very high quality and comes with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and I think that £2.95 is great value for money.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Awesome spanish food. Feeling like at home. We'll miss that food back in Dublin. The waitress was really friendly. Recommended 'chorizo a la sidra'.

1  Thank Sergio B
Manager R, General Manager at Rioja, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sergio.

Thank you so much for your amazing review and comments about staff and food!
Hopefully you will come and visit us next time you are in Glasgow.

Gracias!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My mum came to visit me in Glasgow and we chose to try Rioja - it was a first visit for both of us, but I am sure not the last!

I reserved a table online but realised that I’d mistakenly chosen the wrong number of people. I phoned up and this was no problem to change and the staff member I spoke to was very pleasant.

The atmosphere on a Saturday night was great, it was clear the restaurant was full and I am glad I booked! The chorizo sausages were our favourite dish, although everything we tried was very tasty (including the olives which we got as a snack).

We even managed to squeeze in dessert! Our first choice bottle of wine was not available, but the lady serving us helped us choose another - and very tasty it was too.

It’s so exciting to have so many great places to eat on my doorstep, and Rioja will be one I’ll recommend to friends and family now that I’ve tried it for myself.

1  Thank JenONeill25
Manager R, General Manager at Rioja, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear JenONeill25

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of our restaurant. All our team is delighted with your comments about food, service and atmosphere. Chorizo sausages are one of my favourites too!
Hopefully, we will see you back very soon !

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant tapas... Lucas the waiter recommended what we should have and it was sensational .. especially the mackerel tapas on the specials board lovely wines also and great music in the background a must for tapas lovers

1  Thank Jazz4880

Dear Jazz4880.

Thank you so much for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed the tapas I have chosen for you. It was not too hard to be honest because they are all pretty good!
Thanks again for your lovely comments about our restaurant and we can't wait to see you back soon!