The Georgian House
US$246
  • Pool
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$306
US$299
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$252
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$217
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$251
Priceline
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$179
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbotanic gardensashton lanebigger roomexcellent locationvisit glasgowuniversitygig
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The accommodations are but faded but clean. Any shortcomings were compensated by a warm welcome and generous breakfast. Can't beat location right by the botanic garden and shopping district. Would recommend to youngish couples; maybe not families.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissusPinch
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

A one night stay for £50 was great value. Central for Hillhead area and a v comfy bed. But the customer service manual has yet to be delivered and it took a while to get my prepaid voucher accepted.

Carpets in the room were stained and dirty, the furniture scratched and the shower seal leaky. A ringing phone outside my room added to the ambiance.

But you get what you pay for and this just about did the job. I didn't fancy breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel was a find through booking.com, but you can book direct and get great rates. The meet and greet and check in were informal and professionally friendly. A contradiction I know, but the business side of check in was professional, whilst the meet and greet and help in providing knowledge to explore the area were very helpful. Our daughter was finishing her 2nd year at University so we were shattered and whilst the weather was stunningly hot, it made us a bit fraught.The hotel was just what was needed. Huge room,airy, very clean and fresh. High traditional ceilings. Slightly dated, but felt right for the building. Relaxed cereal based breakfast or Continental style with cold meats. Parking on site but not many spaces; however pay and display parking at the front. The hotel is off the main road, making it quite private for parking. It's rear totally overlooks the Botanical Gardens. We will go back.

Room Tip: There is no lift, but the stairs are wide and not too steep. The room was at the rear, so it looked out over the Botanical gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived later in evening than planned. Had called ahead to notify. Very nice accommodating young man (sorry we neglected to get his name) checked us in & offered to help us with bags etc... & offered suggestions for dinner locations. Good location as it is easy walk to town offerings. Parking very limited here & odd & cars had to be shuffled around to accommodate. The room left a lot to be desired. Mattress was very uncomfortable & in great need of replacement - an antique! Room not very clean either especially the bathroom. Our room faced Great Western Road which was noisy all night. Between the road noise & mattress, did not sleep well at all. Breakfast - a joke! Mostly just cold cereal & toast. Very very little offerings. Coffee making ingredients were empty. Clean dishes seemed to be mixed in with dirty on a serving table. Bizarre. No one was attending to the breakfast either. Same Young man pleasantly checked us out & helped with bags. Would recommend him, but not the accommodation nor would we stay here again. Rank it at the bottom of the 5 places we stayed in Scotland.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank pipersbabe
Reviewed 2 September 2013

2 night weekend stay started terribly when we arrived to a man on the phone to the owner who continued his conversation while we were left standing in hall way, he rolled his eyes and made faces whilst on the phone and adjusting himself downstairs (if you know what I mean). Finally when we got to check in and payment was raised I questioned why I was being charged £75 a night when the sign outside said £20 and website said £29.99, as I had reserved through Booking.com I had to pay higher amount (book direct then). Room was okay apart from one of the twin beds mattresses springs had gone, I was sleeping at 225 degree angle with springs in my back. Shower had an old used luffa hanging up and mould around bottom. Only one small towel per person, no hand towel in toilet, had to ask for more. Wifi DID NOT WORK. Both myself and friend could not connect to it. I like to stay in clean, comfortable places so this place was not for me. If you need somewhere to rest your head and you don't mind eating cheese and coco pops for your breakfast then go for it.

Room Tip: Do not sleep at front of house, straight across from bar and club
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends