“Overpriced ”

Ranked #154 of 2 667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Steakhouse specialising in prize winning dry-aged Scottish Steaks along with barbecue and burgers, craft beers and cocktails . (Please note children are only permitted between 12.00-8.00pm)
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food was average. Very expensive. Service was poor. Wont be back or recommending. Alot better places to eat in Glasgow

1  Thank Adele W

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink.

1 pint craft beer, 1 large wine.

£14.70.

Absolute con.

Will be sure to tell everyone I know.

MeatBarGlasgow, Owner at Meat Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Most Expensive Wine and Craft beer on our Menu !
Hi Jarg 74
I am very dis-appointed by your review as it is very mis leading to anybody reading it. We sell a large selection of quality wines ranging from £4.50 per glass upwards in sizes small 125 ml medium 175 ml and large 250ml (one third of a bottle).
You ordered a "large 250ml glass of the most expensive wine on our menu", the very excellent Nobillo Icon Sauvignon Blanc which received a gold award in the 2013 Sommelier awards and is recognised as one of the top Sauvignon Blancs from New Zealand.
We also stock a large selection of Craft beers again ranging from £3.50 upwards of which again you ordered one of our most expensive the most excellent "Surf Exotic Pale Ale" .
Please make sure when you tell everyone you know that you add these very important facts!! In accurate reviews are very damaging to not only the business concerned but also to the livelihood of the staff, fine brewers and wineries involved which work very hard to offer your these outstanding quality products.
Kind Regards
Meat

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Was in meatbar the other day with my other half as its a firm favorite and once again it didnt disappoint. I opted for the goats cheese and strawberry starter(lunch menu) which i was being adventurious about and it didnt disappoint. Its beautiful. It also has walnuts in it and i even ate the garnish which i normally never do but it had a beautiful dressing so i ate every bit.
Main was amazing to. Never ever fails to keep up the high standard it always does. My other halfs steak sandwich was cooked to perfection as well.
Was as always clean and tidy and able to see the chefs working to a very high standard as well.
I also had a white russian cocktail which was beautiful and done just right as some places cant get the mix right. My boyfriend was able to try a new beer he has never had before due to their great selection of beers on offer.
Will be back again soon!
Keep up the amazing work.

1  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Meat bar situated West on regent street is amazing. I have visited this establishment on a few occasions and can't help but return. The place is well presented, clean and tidy.

The waiting staff are always welcoming and on hand to help. I CAN HONESTLY say that with confidence.

The food is wonderful and my stake has always been cooked to perfection. I have a nut allergy and the chief has always accaammeded for this by making adaptions to my food to ensure that there as been no cross contamination - which is a rareitty.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my meat loving freinds. Hopefully I will see more popping up around glasgow and beyond.

Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Billy C
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Terrific little hidden gem of a place was told they do the best steaks in Glasgow and wasn’t disappointed I opted for the 60 day aged 14 oz bone in sirloin (the signature steak as they call it) as I hadn’t saw this cut anywhere else before went medium rare as always steak was incredible definitely best I’ve had will be back that’s for sure

2  Thank kriskato

Been to Meat Bar? Share your experiences!