“Family festive dinner”

Ranked #462 of 2 667 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Discover the famous flavour of freshly prepared food, chargrilled to perfection at our Castle steak restaurant! We're perfectly placed for any occasion!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Excellent choice that meets the needs of a family. Pleasant surroundings for spending time. Close enough for regular visits.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was my sons 17th birthday. Busy Saturday night. Had a £10 voucher to use as well. Food was nice. We all enjoyed it. Even with money off still felt it was overpriced.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I decided to venture out for a evening meal with this voucher to bring the cost down. I had the Pork Pate with ciabatta bread which seems to be more holes than bread which makes it quite difficult to spread the pate on the toasted bread.

I ordered a new 10 oz steak from the menu and asked for it to be Very Well done. It took ages for the mains to arrive and when they did on my plate was a whole cos lettuce which was covered in dressing which I decided not to eat. However when I cut into the steak it was raw in the centre. I called the waiter over and pointed out that the steak was not cooked as I had asked and they took the meal away I also told them not to bring another lettuce.
They brought a new meal altogether 20 minutes later and offered us more drinks while I waited.

When it came to the bill they were not going to charge for the steak at all but as I pointed out they rectified the situation with a new meal which was very good in fact so a satisfied customer left with no gripe to contend with

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I ordered the salmon dish, however, the size of the dish was very very dissatisfying as the portion was far too small. We visit regularly but after our last visit I am considering other restaurant in the vicinity. We are a company of 4 and 2 of the company felt dissatisfied too. I would like to have your comments

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a restaurant I visit every second month or so for Friday lunch. We usually have a thoroughly enjoyable experience, but something seemed to be going wrong in the kitchen. Firstly I would say that the restaurant was way busier than usual and I can only think the kitchen was short of supplies.

The smothered chicken is described as loaded with crispy bacon and cheese and is priced at £11.89. There was one piece of bacon on top measuring approximately one inch in length covered with a thin glaze of cheese which didn't cover the smallish piece of chicken. The side salad wasn't there at all. There were a total of seven chips on the plate and not all of the chips were full size!

At the price paid, this represents poor value for money.

If this had been my first visit to this restaurant I would never return. However I will give them the benefit of the doubt and put it down to being under supplied in the kitchen, with no attention to the plates being sent out. Hopefully this is not the start of a decline in standards and my next visit will be much better. We will see.