Reviews (2 941)
1 230
1 120
1 230
1 120
All reviews river view squinty bridge city centre sse hydro attending a concert car park shower room excellent hotel min walk reception staff rooms are small breakfast was excellent ideal location mini bar tea and coffee modern hotel one night stay
20 - 25 of 2 941 reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Just stayed 2 night breakfast and evening meal deal. Room was quite small but view was lovely.. must say the extra chair in room just got in way.
Had everything need in room, iron, hairdryer and fridge. Room was very hot though even with window open and that is in November.
Not much choice in restaurant and food very greasy, avoid the fish. Bar and food bit overpriced. However, staff were excellent.
Breakfast bit of a chore as was very busy but massive choice to suit everyone.
About 15 min walk from central station. Lovely walk along river. We took the sightseeing bus for a trip around glasgow which you can get on and off and it goes past hotel. Ideal location for sse. Would definitely stay again probably east elsewhere.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Nice location for proximity to the SEC etc... room clean and tidy. Breakfast reasonable and well subscribed due to the hotel being very busy.
My main grievance as with most hotels the overpricing of drinks I expect a mark but I alway fell this is excessive.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuarty66
Reviewed 3 November 2018

My stay at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre was simply decent, nothing great and nothing bad. The place is close to city center and the backside of the hotel has view to River Clyde. The service was decent and the rooms were comfortable. Not much options for food if you are a veggie. The bust stops are nearby that will take you to city center.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We used this hotel purely for its location - which is brilliant for the SECC. We also had breakfast the following morning which was fine...nothing to write home about but certainly an acceptable buffet style effort with a wide range from continental to cooked. I have given this hotel an 'average' rate because I think we got what we paid for at £154 for the most basic room. Will I stay here again when i'm looking at my next SECC visit? I'll probably try the other hotels across the road, there was nothing here that grabbed me and made it a must-stay

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveDundee
Reviewed 26 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night to attend a concert. The hotel is clean and the rooms are ok if a little worn around the edges. The restaurant was very busy the night we stayed and ran out of items on the menu. We settled on fish and chips and clearly were just given what was left. Tiny pieces of fish in rock hard burnt batter and what loved like cheap oven chips ( absolute rubbish). We were in a hurry and the service took ages, 1 hour to get your main meal. I must say the restaurant staff were lovely but the kitchen was terrible. When we checked out the receptionist wanted to charge my card but was not planning to print a bill or even just tell me how much - I have never seen that before. So be warned if you stay here eat somewhere else !!

Date of stay: October 2018