Reviews (2 937)
1 229
1 119
1 229
1 119
All reviews river view squinty bridge city centre sse hydro attending a concert car park shower room excellent hotel reception staff rooms are small min walk ideal location breakfast was excellent mini bar tea and coffee modern hotel one night stay
18 - 23 of 2 937 reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2018

My stay at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre was simply decent, nothing great and nothing bad. The place is close to city center and the backside of the hotel has view to River Clyde. The service was decent and the rooms were comfortable. Not much options for food if you are a veggie. The bust stops are nearby that will take you to city center.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We used this hotel purely for its location - which is brilliant for the SECC. We also had breakfast the following morning which was fine...nothing to write home about but certainly an acceptable buffet style effort with a wide range from continental to cooked. I have given this hotel an 'average' rate because I think we got what we paid for at £154 for the most basic room. Will I stay here again when i'm looking at my next SECC visit? I'll probably try the other hotels across the road, there was nothing here that grabbed me and made it a must-stay

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveDundee
Reviewed 26 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night to attend a concert. The hotel is clean and the rooms are ok if a little worn around the edges. The restaurant was very busy the night we stayed and ran out of items on the menu. We settled on fish and chips and clearly were just given what was left. Tiny pieces of fish in rock hard burnt batter and what loved like cheap oven chips ( absolute rubbish). We were in a hurry and the service took ages, 1 hour to get your main meal. I must say the restaurant staff were lovely but the kitchen was terrible. When we checked out the receptionist wanted to charge my card but was not planning to print a bill or even just tell me how much - I have never seen that before. So be warned if you stay here eat somewhere else !!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2018

A perfectly fine stay, comfortable beds, warm rooms, quiet, no problems at all. Outside seating for anyone who wants to brave it at this time of year. Pleasant but super-expensive bar (we managed to spend over £17 on one bottle of Innes and Gunn beer, a glass of wine, and two packs of peanuts). But very convenient for the Hydro.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Small but well equipped room overlooking the river . Tiny shower room .
Comfortable bed.
Excellent breakfast selection
Easy walking distance to exhibition and concert venues, science museum and transport museum.

Trip type: Travelled on business