“A comfortable retreat from the bustle of Glasgow”
other travellers have booked this property
living room
Your private entrance living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Your private entrance
dining area and kitchen
kitchen and dining room
bedroom
patio at rear of cottage
bathroom
Kitchen showing the open plan stairs to the bedroom
The living room with vintage sofa bed, coffee table and chairs
light and airy bedroom
A feature stone wall in the hall way
The kitchen from the hall way - the vintage ercol table and chairs and original sunburst clock clearly visible
The sleek but colourful kitchen units
A spot outside the kitchen ideal for morning coffee
The bedroom with cathedral ceiling and vintage wardrobe and dressing table
Another view of the bedroom - the bed is new and beautifully comfortable
The garden in spring
Wetroom with shower connected to main water tank
bathroom
extensive garden at rear of cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
BusyMum_1...
Dublin, Ireland
“A comfortable retreat from the bustle of Glasgow”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I was very pleased to find this little gem. Nicely furnished with cute space saving ideas, like the pocket doors on the bathroom or the fold-up dish drainer. The sitting room was cosy in the evenings but in the day the huge kitchen table was a great space to organise myself from. And I loved to linger over breakfast there too, looking out over the decking to the yard beyond. Annie was out and busy in her garden from early and I couldn't wait to quiz her about her fantastic garden. She kindly gave me a thorough tour, then went back to potting hyacinths. I only wish I were gifted enough to grow such a variety of edible and decorative plants. Roger left some of their own apples in the fruit bowl for me and I loved them. In fact Roger could not have done more. He had the cottage spotless for my arrival and when I missed my flight and had to catch the next one, he kindly dropped me to the Royal Concert Hall so I wouldn't miss the event I had come for. The bed was, as others have said before, really comfortable but I needed a blanket on my first night as I was overtired and feeling cold. After a good long sleep it was a short walk around the block the next day to a choice of Sainsburys or M&S(I got tasty healthy food there) or there is a Morrisons down at the Station. The Station links you to bus, subway and train networks and although the area right beside it is a bit run down there was no one you would be afraid of and nobody would bother you. The cottage is an annexe to a nice Villa up a leafy road from the Station. This road is fine though inclined so I was a bit puffed getting there. Would be hard to drag a heavy case if unfit. Also I brought a large case so I could bring a large electrical item home with me from Glasgow but when I saw the tight turn on the stairs I didn't even try to heft the case up there. Which was fine until I tripped over it taking a hot meal out of the oven. By the way, I found that the only way to turn off the oven once on, was at the wall switch in under the cupboard. The control panel was unresponsive, each time. On a more positive note, although I now know that wet rooms are not for me, if you are diabetic you will appreciate that instead of mosaic, possibly sharp edged tiles on its floor; there is a good non slip but non abrasive floor in there. I wish I knew what it was but it was great since we must not cut our feet. Found it a little difficult to let down blinds in the place generally, so I dressed upstairs using the wardrobe door as a screen. That front window isn't overlooked but I am used to drawing curtains to dress at home. And I let the kitchen window blind down a bit after a while since the yard is shared and I guess I was embarrassed at sleeping in compared to the industrious folk next door. Annie would laugh if she read that but I was very impressed. Having spent the first full day relaxing in blissful solitude ( I'm a Mum). The next day it was just a short hop on the fantastic subway( so efficient) to Buchanan Street to visit John Lewis as we don't have one in Dublin, and get postcards etc. On my final day in Glasgow I was up early to tidy up and pack and Roger said he would mind my case from checkout at 10am until I collected it after 2pm, which was very decent of him as it meant I could go to see The Kelvingrove, which you could walk to but I took the subway again as I was under pressure of time. By the way, I was unable to get an Airport bus return ticket from G.L.A. or an all day bus ticket including journey to or from airport. Pretty sure the fare was £4.45 each way. These facts were impossible to glean online due to many conflicting info sites. Anyway back to the Cottage. My final tip is to go in and support any of the local charity shops, they are for good causes. I picked up a very nice belt. All in all a tremendously warm welcome from Roger, Annie and Glasgow. Would highly recommend.

Liked best: The garden
Liked least: No dishwasher
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway
483Richar...
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“An Oasis of Tranquility”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

From the moment I arrived both Roger and Annie did all they could tro ensure that my stay was enjoyable. The apartment is excellently equipped and it is beautifully designed. I was especially enchanted by the stunning garden the the rear of the property.
The apartment is well set for easy access to all of the cultural attractions Glasgow has to offer and, should one wish to travel further afield, there is a public transport hub within easy reach.
I really loved the thoughtful design of the apartment which made it such a pleasure to be in and I would unreservedly recommend it to all who wish to experience a restful and tranquil holiday whilst still being to enjoy the best of the city life.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cool retro design and lay-out of the apartment. Absolutely fantastic.
Liked least: There was nothing, absolutely nothing I didn't like about place.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 6 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
suegreeno...
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect getaway”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

This place is a hidden gem. Perfect location. Very comfortable and clean. Annie was a delight, letting us park off road, and we had the full use of her garden which was full of vegetables fruit and flowers trees and shrubs !!!?
Would I recommend it, a big definite yes. Thank you Annie for being the perfect host

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Perfect location and total privacy
Liked least: The stairs were a challenge for our old dog Millie but we just carried her down.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Paris (France)
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing