“1st visit to Butcher's Shop - won't be the last!”

The Butchershop Bar & Grill
Ranked #176 of 2 334 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West End
Transit: We are located close to the Kelvingrove subway stop and on one of the main bus routes between the City Centre and Glasgow's West End
Description: One of the most talked about steakhouses in Scotland, The Butchershop Bar & Grill prides itself on serving the finest Scottish grass fed beef; locally-sourced and dry aged hung from between 21-35 days.Inspired by owner James Rusks’ time in America, The Butchershop is a stylish, modern haven for foodies with an ethos focused on delivering outstanding service, exceptional food and vibrant atmosphere.Award winning chefs create mouth-watering daily specials by using the best produce Scotland has to offer including freshly caught seafood and traditional grill classics. The complementing Butchershop bar is home to expertly-mixed signature cocktails, liqueurs, whiskies and an impressive array of wines.Located in the vibrant West End of the city, this steakhouse and cocktail bar offers stunning views of Glasgow University and The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and is truly a must visit for anyone stepping foot in Glasgow.
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Heard plenty about this steak place - so visited with daughter - table booked for 5.30pm. Attentive waiters who took time to describe everything on menu as this was our first visit and went over the menu with us and informed us of what was on the go. Ordered starters (scallops & salmon) followed by chateaubriand which came with a choice of 2 side dishes and sauces. I've been to many good restaurants, including those with Michelin stars, over the years and this one is right up there with the best of them. Food was superb - could not fault it in any way. No room for dessert so finished with coffees. Good value for a total of £100, including a beer and soft drinks but no wine. Will be back for sure.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank L8690KErogerb
Write a reviewReviews (2 254)

9 - 13 of 2 254 reviews

Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Fantastic food and faultless service. Really cosy atmosphere even at lunch time. We over ordered as there was so much we wanted to try! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank scallyali
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Good quality meat, cooked well, noisy, lacked finesse, cold plates and far too expensive. Very ordinary red wines are being sold at ridiculous prices. Very good sticky toffee pudding.

1  Thank Johwill2161
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Everything about our evening was fabulous. Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful, from squeezing our booking in at short notice, to reassuring us when we phoned to say we were stuck in traffic.

The restaurant was busy but service was excellent from start to finish. The charcuterie board was top quality and plentiful even with three of us sharing.
My rump steak was the best steak of any I have ever had and I must admit to being a fussy eater. It was slightly pinker than I would usually tolerate but I decided to go for it. It was huge (to me), delicious and perfectly tender. The chips were perfect too.

My husband and son shared a chateaubriand which they thoroughly enjoyed judging by their empty plates. It certainly looked beautifully prepared and there was plenty of it.

To finish, I was presented with a dessert slate of chocolate bon bons with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and caramel. Gorgeous and delicious. Yum!

This was a wonderful end to my birthday. Thank you so much to all the staff at the Butchershop Grill. Can't wait for my next visit.

1  Thank janepU8005TD
Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

The atmosphere and decor are spot on, and the food was fantastic. Gnocchi starter was one of the best I’ve had, followed by an excellent steak and those homemade style chips are 10/10. Highly recommend.

1  Thank G9677QCaaronh