“Great food, good drinks”

The Butterfly And The Pig
Ranked #84 of 2 623 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came in with friends and ordered a steak. Excellent all around, great fries and great meat and just everything cooked and seasoned perfectly. We had their olive dish as a starter along with some prawns on toast.

They have a pretty... weird menu. It's written more like a book than a normal restaurant. So take your time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 292)

17 - 21 of 1 292 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this wee place - we've been a few times over the years. Funky, cool young staff. Quirky but classic chintzy decor - supercool. Has a pub feel - I consider it a pub - but the food gets huge reviews.. Out of town visitors wanted a 'Scottish' meal but were scared of haggis. There were 4 of them, 2 of us. This place seemed to fit the bill. They turned out to be very late - no matter, chill in the bar with a world cup game on. Nice. When they do arrive we go through to the dining area. It's cool with that wallpaper and panelling. I love it. Sadly the food does not live up to everything surrounding it. My black pudding and bacon salad starter is OK but no more - the bp is fantastic but that's on the producers not the chef.. My main course of Coley fillet on a stew is pretty bland until the soupy base is tasted. Other stuff around the table looks OK - steak, Chicken Stew, Burger... Two youngsters have the brownie dessert and it looks - again - OK. I hate to give this place anything other than 5 stars but it's maybe more a lunch place stroke pub for me...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is next to a tea room, quite nice. It is attractively decorated. The haggis starter, served very hot with whiskey sauce, was absolutely fabulous. Then, we went for the pork burger and a sort of chicken sandwich. Both came with huge portions of fries and some gurkin. This is the main improvement point for us : less fries, more salad or pickles. The burgers were pretty dry as well, served in a bun like a ciabatta, more sauce or vegetables would help, since just pouring ketchup on top does not do it. The prices are very accessible and the service was great, so will score a 4 also based on the interesting funny philosophy of the place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went here recently for an early evening dinner. We chose to dine from the high tea menu. The setting and service is great and I always look forward to coming to this restaurant. When placing our order one member of my party doesn't eat red meat so she asked for the peas without the ham through them. Sadly when the meal arrived the ham was through the peas - thus she required a whole new meal. This did take a bit of time and eventually we were offered a drink to make up for this error.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Gourmet, exquisite classic Scottish food in the heart of Glasgow. It was recommended to us by the receptionist of the hotel. WE LOVED IT!!!!! The place is very cozy, cool, very original decoration and again, the food is just AMAZING