“Graduation”

Price range: US$4 - US$59
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The idea for our restaurant has been a wee while in the making but when it comes to age it's got nothing on the building we will soon be calling home.After conducting a little research turns out our building once housed a 'Cleek Factory' owned by Robert Forgan, a name known to many for making the best golf clubs money can buy/We are proud of our building's history and here's hoping a little bit of their success rubs off on us.So with Mitchell's deli next door, in homage to local butcher and proprietor Murray Mitchell we thought it only right...Forgan's opening spring 2013Opening Spring 2013Craft Beers & Ales, Restaurant, Public Bar, Private Bothy's, Ceilidh Club, Cookery classes, Wine Club, Live Music, Monthly Dining Society, Host Your Own Roast, Local Suppliers & Producers.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you've got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We celebrated our sons graduation with family. We were a party of 8. There was a lovely atmosphere and the menu was delicious, something for everyone. We have been here before and it never disappoints. Thankyou!

ForgansGM, General Manager at Forgan's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Susan M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Forgan's. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our graduation menu and the atmosphere in the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Michelle Nabal

Write a ReviewReviews (2 638)

23 - 27 of 2 638 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Graduation dinner to celebrate my daughters success was enhanced by this wonderful 3 course delight .goats cheese starter was wonderful breaded warm cheese on a bed of salad and chutney mmm. Lamb main was cooked exactly as it ought to be beautifully seasoned and served with perfect al dente veg and delicious decadent dauphinois potatoes. I finished with a cheese board that was genorous in portion . Others had chocolate fondant and Cranachan all equally well thought of.. a must if you are ever in St Andrews! I will be back

1  Thank Dean S

Dear Sean S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Forgan's. I'm pleased to you decided to celebrate graduation with us and thoroughly enjoyed our graduation dinner menu, especially the Goats' Cheese and Lamb dishes. I will pass on your compliments to the kitchen team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As you enter this busy restaurant, boxes of fresh produce that you are about to have cooked before you consume them. The atmosphere is electric, the restaurant layout very clever, allowing intimate spaces within the shared clique. The menu is creative, delicious, contains a wide range of dishes that are reasonably priced. Sami the witty waitress is amazing. The food came quickly, our glasses refilled themselves and her banter was just what it should be. I will never return to St Andrews without eating here again. Amazing!

2  Thank Deborah T

Dear Deborah T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of Forgan's. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed Sami, her service, her banter and I will be sure to pass on your compliments. We look forward to you return visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this for a pre graduation celebration dinner for my daughter & her boyfriend & family.
We were a party of 8 & I had chosen one of the Bothys.
We have been several times before as it’s mine & my daughters special place to go over the last 5 years whilst she’s been at university. It was the first time we had met her boyfriends family & their first visit to Forgans so we obviously wanted the evening to be perfect.
I had dropped off balloons etc for the table earlier & on our arrival the table looked lovely.
The food was absolutely delicious & well presented & the service was just spot on - not intrusive but attentive when we needed it.
We all had a really lovely evening & it was the perfect start to the graduation celebrations.

1  Thank belindabostock176

Dear belindabostock76,

Thank you for taking the time to review Forgan's. I'm so pleased to hear you have enjoyed Forgan's for the last 5 years and I'm pleased to hear our team was able to make your evening special for your occasion. We hope to welcome you back again for your next celebration.

Kind reagrds,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this for 20 people for a 60th birthday celebration. I booked a meal and then we stayed on for the ceilidh. Meal was great and everyone enjoyed the ceilidh. Would definitely go again

Dear Jean D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Forgan's. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and especially the Ceilidh. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,