Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$459
Reviews (2 098)
2 098 results
1 566
1 566
All reviews road hole jigger inn sands grill the rooftop hot tub fairway suite afternoon tea first class star hotel from start to finish scones special occasion lovely room golf gleneagles concierge bath andrews
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 2 098 reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2021

Highly recommend this hotel to couples and families. Great central location for sightseeing in st Andrew’s and right in the beach.

Lovely swimming pool and easy to book swim times, spacious and well appointed changing rooms.

Views from the beach facing suite were stunning and always changing.

Suite was perfect for a family very spacious, beautifully decorated and clearly brand new , immaculately clean. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was one of the best I’ve seen in a hotel , power shower with multiple jets was excellent and just what’s needed after a day at the beach or a long journey.

Staff really set this hotel apart from others, concierge, valets , reception, housekeeping are all doing a wonderful job and the staff at the road house bar and restaurant went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. Desserts at the road house restaurant were exquisite- shout out to the pastry chef!

Breakfast in the suite was enjoyed by all! Great quality produce perfectly cooked and presented.

Checkout time was generous at 12pm.

The only minor gripe was that the spa team manager refused to lend me polish , or help me in anyway fix a small chip on one of my nails. This is despite them stocking the same brand and colour that I was wearing. I wasn’t expecting a freebie and would have tipped or paid a small charge. I was just hoping someone understanding the issue, could either do a one nail manicure or let me borrow some polish to do what would have been a 3min touch up job. This type of minor request , is normally accommodated in hotel salons and I was surprised when they said there was nothing they could do unless I booked a full manicure. Health and safety is a poor excuse here, as many other places are only to happy to help. Here I feel they were just unwilling. Was a blip in an otherwise perfect experience.

We were also unable to book spa treatments- would suggest people do this well in advance as spa seems to get busy.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Dear Mrs_C_K_10,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful stay. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort and were able to enjoy the beautiful views over looking the world famous Old Course and the golden beaches of the North Sea.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to the wider team and we hope that you return to the resort again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Nice hotel in a great location, it feels very grand when you walk in! Staff were all very welcoming and friendly, we did say it was my partners birthday but no one mentioned it or made a fuss (which was a bit disappointing considering we spend £440 on a room!).

Lots of dining options and sitting rooms, all super clean. The breakfast was lovely, nothing was too much trouble and the little pots of jam and honey were delicious! It did feel luxury.

The spa was good, laundered towels, slippers and dressing gowns to use on each trip.

I think it’s over priced. My partner enjoyed the golf course views and was very excited about the history of the hotel, however for me, it was a nice hotel just very over priced.

Probably would not return.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Dear rezzyforone, Thank you for your honest review and recommendation from your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that your partner was able to enjoy the spectacular views we are lucky enough to have here in St Andrews. I do sincerely apologise that on this occasion you felt we had not acknowledged the special occasion for your stay at the resort.
I am however delighted to read the many areas of the hotel that you had enjoyed during your stay.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We came down for my birthday afternoon tea. I had emailed a few weeks prior to enquire about if it was possible not to have any fish. It was no problem.
We booked for 2pm, champagne came a few minutes later.

Our food took almost an hour and a half to arrive however. The two waiters kept us updated and gave us our next round of drinks free for the inconvenience. When it did arrive it was all delicious (although an extra side plate/ knife for the sweet items would be great).

I also received a wee plate with Happy Birthday and some tablet, nice touch. Lovely place, great food & friendly service.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear W250718,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about your visit at the Old Course Hotel. I am pleased our team managed to make your afternoon so special for your birthday. thank you for your honest feedback, I do sincerely apologise for your wait however I am delighted to hear your enjoyment with our offerings.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Super stay at this iconic hotel, with one minor exception. Summary:
- Kindly upgraded to Old Course Suite on 2nd Floor facing onto the 17th Fairway
- Professional and guest-focussed front-desk and concierge team. Focussed on what is best for guests rather than house-rules
- World-class spa centre; must visit
- Superb in-room dining
- Food and drink good value for 5* hotel
- Access to Old Course, particularly the ability to roam the course freely on a Sunday is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Fabulous comfortable bed with almost guaranteed sleep

One area for improvement is the breakfast service in the 4th Floor restaurant. Summary:
- Waited 5m to be seated, with 5 members of staff hurriedly averting their gaze when passing us
- Took 15m for tea/coffee to come to table
- Of the 4 tables adjacent to us, 3 of them had been waiting 20-30m for simple breakfast items
- At one point 3 guests had their hands raised, almost like a school-room - the staff still ignored them!
- Food was good when it came but the service smacked of a junior team of ill-trained and poorly supervised staff
- There were >10 staff for <25 tables. I would expect a 5* hotel to have a seasoned floor supervisor able to identify and manage the rising frustration cased by poor service

That one breakfast experience aside though we would 100% recommend the Old Course Hotel and Spa - thanks team.

Room tip: High Floor, Facing 17th Hole
Date of stay: July 2021
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear S4128XTscottm,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful stay. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort including the Spa.
thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that our breakfast service was not to our usual standards, I will be sure to follow this up with our F&B team to rectify the issues raised.
I will pass on your complimentary comments to the wider team and we hope that you return to the resort again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Me and my partner came here for a meal on a Thursday night. Food wise the meal was great. The steaks were cooked fantastically, chips were spot on and the desserts were great too, very pleasing so well done chefs. Our meal took a considerable about of time though. We sat down at 7:30 and by the time everything was sorted and orders taken we didn’t get our main until 8:45, I think they had some new members of staff as they seemed to be struggling a bit on that front and our waiter seemed a little scattered. (Another waitress came to help him)
Overall though we thoroughly enjoyed the food and the view was lovely during the meal so we would still come back.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelzabelle251

Dear kelzabelle251,
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. We are delighted to hear that you had a lovely meal in our Road Hole Restaurant and enjoyed the views overlooking the Old Course and the North Sea. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to your F&B management.
Thank you once again for choosing to dine with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.