3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$460
Reviews (2 098)
2 098 results
1 566
1 566
All reviews road hole jigger inn sands grill the rooftop hot tub fairway suite afternoon tea first class star hotel from start to finish scones special occasion lovely room golf gleneagles concierge bath andrews
Selected filters
16 - 21 of 2 098 reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Took family for afternoon tea in the conservatory, it was fantastic & good value for money, couldn’t fault anything. Beautiful place, spotlessly clean & staff very friendly, definitely will return, thumbs up from me.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Kenny_E_74,
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a our wonderful Afternoon Tea offerings. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the wider team and we hope that you return to the resort again soon.
Sincerely, Jack - Front of House Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2021

We stayed for three nights earlier this week. This was our second visit. It was even more expensive than last year and the building work was worse.

We checked before booking and were surprised that the roof terrace was not yet open. Sands was still shut. We had booked dinner and wanted a light lunch in the bar but there were not really many options.

The Rigger Inn was good and the staff amazing but again options were limited. There was a lovely terrace but it was mainly shaded and next to the building work although we weren't aware of the noise.

There was not really anywhere to sit outside which was a shame as the weather was generally god.

There are only five disabled spaces and guests who do not require them use these. On Monday morning we struggled to get out as there were so many lorries for building, delivery and refuse collection

The restaurant food was good and a complimentary glass of bubbles was a nice touch. it is looking a bit tired but there is a new one to come

Room tip: Book with reception. Website not good
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Linda B
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear Linda B,

Thank you for leaving your feedback - I am sincerely sorry we did not exceed expectations when staying with us.

I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the relevant departments who will appreciate your comments.

Unfortunately due to COVID our large extension was delayed by several months but this is coming to an end and the Hotel's main construction work will be finished in the coming weeks. Due to the construction, our west deck has to remain closed as this is also receiving a refurb which will be finished in the coming weeks. I do apologise that this impacted your experience, I can understand your frustration with the nice weather and trying to find seating outside proved to be a challenge. I do hope that you chose to return and experience the Hotel's new outlets in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jake - Duty Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

We booked into the Old Course for a 2 night weekend stay. The hotel is of course grand and beautiful and we were made to feel very welcome by the staff. Unfortunately we had to move rooms three times. The first room we were given had a constant sound of running water coming from the air conditioning unit, not what you want to hear when you have paid a substantial amount of money for the room. We asked to be moved and the staff were happy to accommodate and moved us very swiftly into another room. Unfortunately the next room we were moved into which was in the newer part of the hotel obviously doesn’t have the same soundproofing as we were next to a family room in which we could hear every word spoken by said family. Again, we asked to be moved and staff were able to do this. 3rd time was a charm as we had no complaints about the room. We had dinner in the restaurant in the evening which was fantastic with stunning views over the golf course. Waiting staff were very friendly and efficient. Overall the stay was really made by the staff who were friendly and there to make your stay that extra special. Food and views are well worth the money if you want something a bit more luxurious.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear HollieBee123,

Thank you for leaving your feedback - I extend the hotels apologies that your stay did not start off to our usual standard but I am pleased to hear our front desk team ensured you were comfortable.

I will share your feedback with the relevant departments who will be very appreciative of your kind comments.

We hope to welcome you back again in future.

Kind regards,
Jake - Duty Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2021 via mobile

I have to say that we were disappointed in our stay at The Old Course Hotel. Once we parked the car in the disabled bay my husband and I headed towards the entrance. My husband had all the luggage as I had my walking stick. There were three staff at the door but no-one stepped forward to ask if we needed help. It wasn’t until we arrived at the front door that an offer was made. We didn’t feel particularly welcome after being told - “The hotel is usually full of wealthy Americans at this time of year but not now”. Gee we felt really valued.
The room was at best average. For a five star hotel sachets of coffee and cartons of milk - really?
We went for a swim and the pool was absolutely freezing - other bathers were complaining. I’ve never been in a hotel indoor pool that was as cold.
Pluses - breakfast was excellent and compliments to the chefs and waiting staff for doing such a great job. Views from the fourth floor bar and restaurant are amazing.
Sorry but when I compare this hotel to The Balmoral in Edinburgh there is no comparison.
Please start treating all guests as VIP’s as they are your guests now.

Room tip: Good location for the golf course and town centre
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pauwed
Reviewed 8 June 2021

Cocktail bar, impossible to drink French martinis, bar staff admitted not correct ingredients. Tea and scones over an hour to wait. Tea and coffee disgusting. Served coffee without teaspoon or saucer. But what is the worst bit of this whole scenario is the after care customer service. Definately not what I expected from a hotel that has a worldwide reputation. Had better customer satisfaction from a 1 star b&b.

Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank finolaGlasgow
Cameron Steele, Other at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear finolaGlasgow

Thank you for your recent review, and my most sincere apologies that your recent experience did not exceed your expectations. All of the points that you have raised have been looked into and I can offer my assurance that any issues found will be rectified. I believe that one of my colleagues has been in contact with you regarding your recent visit and invited you back whenever you would be in St. Andrews again. In this instance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be delighted to host you again.

Until then, I remain with very best regards

Sincerely