Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$640
Reviews (2 088)
2 089 results
1 561
1 561
All reviews road hole jigger inn sands grill the rooftop hot tub fairway suite afternoon tea first class star hotel from start to finish scones special occasion lovely room golf gleneagles concierge bath andrews
Selected filters
12 - 17 of 2 089 reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

One night away with wife and baby, yes there are some enhancements being made to the property at the moment which may impede your view a little bit but that is probably already reflected in the price which I thought was tremendous value- didn’t hear any noise or anything. Our son was gifted a nice teddy by the hotel, afternoon tea was perfect (decent champagne included). Bed was seriously comfy, maybe Gleneagles could send someone to try the beds at the old course as they are far superior.

Breakfast overlooking the Old Course was fantastic. We walked into town and had a great meal at Playfairs for dinner.All staff were friendly, room was really comfortable and had the old world luxury feeling which is nice. The proximity to the town really gives you so much choice. The only downside was the trip through Dundee on the way to St Andrews and seeing so many depressing looking houses and flats flying SNP/Independence flags, fortunately St. Andrews is prosperous and international so it’s like a different world vs Dundee only a few miles away.

We had a fantastic time and can’t wait to return, also a welcome bonus is that drinks in the hotel are relatively cheap compared to many other 5* properties.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Old Course Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Dear David,

Thank you for the lovely feedback - we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and got to experience our various dining outlets.

Our team will be overjoyed to hear your comments and we hope to welcome you and your family back again in the near future.

Best wishes,
Jake - Duty Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Came for my husbands 50th, booked it months before. Emailed to say wanted good view. So was surprised I arrived and my view was on scaffolding. Not a very nice view for my husbands 50th. So I called, they apologised, moved us to another room. But more scaffolding- even worse this time.
Spoke to manager, couldn’t move me, I offered to pay more, he said he had nothing. Tried calling one other hotel for me - they had nothing. Offered me £50 off (which I paid extra for each night for a view) which again upset me. Was not about the money, All I wanted was lovely room with nice view. If they had warned me about the scaffolding I could have had time to go a nice room for my husbands birthday. I emailed them repeatedly before we came to make sure everything was perfect and they assured me it was.
So if you are booking just now and paying £436 a night for your room, phone up and ask it’s not in front of the scaffolding.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Prime_1666

Dear Lindsey,

I am sorry to hear your stay has not been what you hoped for - we always try to recognise our guests special occasions before arrival so I do apologise you have not had this experience. Currently the Hotel is near the end of a large extension and renovation process, scaffolding is slowly but surely being dismantled over the coming weeks, I understand this had a negative impact on your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back in the future, when making your next reservation please contact myself directly and I will be sure to take care of it personally.

Kind Regards,
Jack - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2021

I had high expectations of an afternoon tea in a five star hotel and was very disappointed in the whole experience.
The conservatory we were sitting in had no atmosphere, there were no table cloths, the crockery looked like it belonged in a supermarket cafe and we were given large dinner plates and cutlery to use.
The service was also not what we expected. We were informed tea was ‘unlimited’ but actually had to go looking for someone to ask for more tea. Hot water was not offered, although it was brought fairly promptly when we managed to ask for it.
The variety of the food was good but, while the scones and cakes were lovely, some of the bread used in the sandwiches was dry......we were told by our server to eat the sandwiches first and we wondered if it was so that they wouldn’t get even drier.
This afternoon tea was given to me as a gift and I am disappointed that it did not live up to my expectations and did not appear to be value for money.

1  Thank Leventhistle
Cameron Steele, Other at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Dear Leventhistle

Good Morning, and thank you for your feedback on your recent experience with us, and my sincere apologies that your visit to the Conservatory did not exceed your expectations. My I please ask you to contact me directly on cameron.steele@oldcoursehotel.co.uk to discuss further?

Thank you in advance, and I remain with Best Regards

Cameron Steele

Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

Breathtaking view, stunning sunset outstanding and wold class facility, extremely friendly and well trained staff.

Clean and hygienic, taking all the precaution measurements (disinfecting everywhere frequently) so nothing to worry abut C-19...highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2020

We simply can not give a high enough recommendation for a wedding at St Andrews Old Course Hotel. Our intimate wedding (of just 16) in February was a great weekend, and from arrival on Saturday morning through the wedding on Sunday, we had the full support from the excellent staff. The events were seamless for the celebration, and all to the plan we had discussed with the team.
Having the family at the hotel for the weekend was the perfect choice, and with the stunning backdrop of one of our favourite places to visit (St Andrews town and historic Old Course) a perfect package. We have been at The Old Course Hotel previously on many occasions, including New Year celebrations, so it was a known quantity for my ‘wife’ and I for luxury, quality and simply a friendly place to be.
We had full use of the Library for the vows, and Board room for the Wedding Breakfast. All were planned and prepared with great support from Joelle, including ideas to make the rooms look and feel like a wedding venue. The Board room essentially became our own ‘Fine Dining’ venue and a place to be together throughout the evening. The food was excellent and high recommendation for the drinks and canopies on the wedding menu.
One additional note, we had a relative fall taking a walk in the town during the hours leading up to the wedding event. Alison from Guest Relations took a hotel car, and drove our relative to receive medical attention. What a massive above and beyond this was, and made sure our day could progress and could be everything we dreamt of.

Room tip: Old Course view
Date of stay: February 2020