Lowest prices for your stay
US$218
Free cancellation until 21/08/12
Hotels.comUS$218
CheapTicketsUS$218
TravelocityUS$218
All reviews son michael locker room cosy bar mussels lovely lunch sea view an overnight stay excellent location cooked to perfection breakfast and dinner west sands comfy bed first class top class play golf lovely room andrews
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

We had dinner here while staying at the nearby Kinettles hotel.

The staff where lovely and professional and the food was excellent. We had the mackerel starter which was delicious and I had the salmon and my wife had the lamb for main course which again where really nice.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

We came to St Andrews, as I was treating my partner for her birthday. We love the town, and have been here many times and found both good and bad hotels no matter how much they charge. We chose Russell's this time as it seemed to have very good reviews re the staff in particular.
I do have " decent " standards, but believe that the staff are a huge part of your experience during your stay, and can make up for small shortcomings the hotel may have. This hotel however, whilst old fashioned in its styling had nothing either of us could/would complain about, and we slept well on a big comfy/luxurious bed.
The reviews we read re staff were spot on. From the minute we arrived and had our first exchange when checking in, during a couple of requests we made, right through to checking out

I can honestly say, this is the best group of people I have ever seen staffing a hotel. This does not take away from other hotels I've complimented, but EVERY member of staff at Russell's has the wonderful knack of being attentive without being ingratiating. They were helpful and knowledgeable, but most of all they are nice friendly people who just know how to be aroubdxoeople and enhance their stay. I give bad reviews, mixed reviews, and on this occasion an extremely good review. All in my opinion well deserved. Lovely relaxed mini break, and the first hotel I'll check when coming back to the east coast. Whoever hires the staff, We'll done.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2021

The Russel Hotel is a fantastic family run hotel in this most beautiful town. Gorgeous relaxed bar area, excellent menu from great chef with food beautifully presented - best ever Cullen Skink! Michael and all the staff are so friendly and welcoming and full of local knowledge and advice. Been many times and will return many times.

Room tip: Several rooms have fabulous views across the famous West Sands- mesmerising
1  Thank Chirrey-family
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

We returned to the Russell hotel for 2 nights with another couple and can honestly say I absolutely love this place, the food was amazing and the service was fantastic michael and grant definitely know how to make your stay extra special nothing too much bother the bed was really comfortable too can’t wait to return

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ellabella045
Reviewed 9 May 2021

We have stayed here on several occasions and it never disappoints. Any establishment is only as good as its staff and all of the staff in this hotel are the best ensuring you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to repeating this experience again and again.

Room tip: The St Andrews Bay rooms have the most amazing views.
Date of stay: April 2021