“Great pizza!”

Price range: US$4 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were visiting Edinburgh and wanted something quick to eat that we could take to our hotel. Pizza always fits that bill. A quick search on the internet and Dough popped up. I was able to order online and they had some great choices available. As I have some picky eaters, we settled on a margarita and one with prosciutto, olives and mushrooms. The pizzas are cooked in a wood fire oven and have thin crusts. They were delicious. Even my pickiest of eaters enjoyed them. The restaurant is very small, so definitely more of a takeaway type place, but just what we were looking for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is a wide selection of toppings and fresh ingredients. Definitely one of the best places for pizza in the city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had to wait a long time as it was so busy - they said 15 minutes it was actually 35 but went for a drink in the pub opposite while waiting so all good. Really good massive pizzas with a huge variety of toppings. One large one is ideal to share between two. Would be great if they could be licenced to sell a glass of wine to go with it!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Pizza sounded amazing and we were looking forward to it. However there’s only one table inside and no wine listed on the menu. Since we’re staying in a hotel that didn’t really work. Sorry to miss the well-rated pizza

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've eaten in most of the well known Edinburgh pizza restaurants and dough is certainly up there with my top 2/3.

I ordered a delivery on friday night and again was really impressed and moreover i got to see, for the first time, some really thoughtful and personal customer service from dough.

Pizza came hot and with a friendly delivery man. Toppings all delicious, base nice and thin and not stodgey. With it being friday night, the order took a bit longer than expected and I messaged dough saying that I hadn't received any comms about my late order or anything.

I received a phone call later that evening from a staff member at dough personally apologising for the pizzas being a but late and asking me how everything was. I really appreciated this little act and it came from a genuinely thoughtful staff member who wanted to make sure they apologised and that i enjoyed my meal.

I'll be going back again as I have been for the last two years. I recommend the stozia with black pudding, haggis and egg ...mmm