“Very nice”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First but not last visit. Staff quick and friendly , amazing pesto pasta!! Negative :very small tables and slippery floor ..dangerous walk until the restroom..Overall nice restaurant in a good location.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although this is part of a chain, each outlet seems to have a bit of individuality. Here it was the bar and outdoor seating in a nice spot close to Princes Street. The menu is pretty standard, but we love some of the dishes, especially the grilled king prawns. Pricing is fair, even better with a Tastecard. The service was pleasant and fairly attentive, but it wasn't busy, so you would sort of expect that in reality. Cocktails were pretty good too. Not a lot to fault really, and a clear 4 stars as opposed to 5.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been to ASK two or three times and always enjoy the food very much. This was no exception. I had the risotto which I thought was very well cooked and was a very filling portion. Others in the group had the salad and a pizza which they thought were also excellent. ASK do not stint on their portions. I was the only one who went for a dessert and I chose the 'coffee and a little bit of cake' which was delicious. I think these 'mini' desserts are a really good idea. I had the pistachio and olive oil cake which was delightfully moist and tasty. ASK provide wine in half-litre carafes and I can recommend the Primitivo.
Staff welcomed us in a friendly manner and were helpful throughout our stay, attentive without ever rushing us. It is a comfortable restaurant with a warm atmosphere and I would recommend it without question.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The service is good. We ordered meatballs and two pasta for dinner. The Spaghetti Bolognese was just perfect. Nice restaurant and quality food, highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Mrs W and I haven't visited an Ask Italian for a very long time, but were recently staying in Edinburgh with American friends and it seemed a good idea. There's lots of choice and our waitress was very helpful in suggesting options from the menu. Service was not too hurried which gave us lots of time to talk. The food was well presented, hot and delicious, especially the tiramasu! All in all a great evening.....we'll probably give our local one a try.