“Wonderful value for money stay in Edinburgh.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
182johang
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful value for money stay in Edinburgh.”
Reviewed 10 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We enjoyed our two week stay. The place is excellent value for money! It is part of the house, but without any interference from the household. It is neat and clean with antique like furniture that compliment the environment. The host is always friendly and much more helpful than you expect.

Your age range 50-64
11 Jun 2018
Thanks for the lovely review. I look forward to meeting you again
Kind regards Alison
oreilly11
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant break in Scotland’s capital!”
Reviewed 23 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this accomodation which is well situated for a break in Edinburgh. It’s spotlessly clean and comfortable - everything you need is here. Owner very helpful.

24 May 2018
Thank you for your kind review. We would be happy to welcome you back any time .
Regards Alison
maryprice...
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Great stay in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great stay in clean, pet friendly accommodation. Owner and family very friendly and really helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Lovely green grass area across the road ideal for my 4 legged family. My Pugs had a great holiday. Accommodation was a 5 minute walk to the nearest bus stop and a cost of £4 for a daily travel ticket was excellent.
Would definately stay at this accommodation again.

23 May 2018
Thank you kindly for your lovely review
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Jun 2018
Firstly , the person who wrote this review was not the person who was to stay at the apartment , but a relative booking on their behalf.
The guests were told on December 14th that my father would be greeting them so they knew about that but they did not tell me their arrival time untill after 10 am on the day, despite my asking 3 times.
When they arrived they made it clear that other relatives had booked a different place and they went there first. They discovered it was much bigger than they expected and obviously decided to just stay there with them. This was a new years eve arrival and too short notice for me to find more guests and they were leaving me without a booking.
They came into the apartment solely to find things to criticise in order to try and get a refund.
Every accusation they made was proved untrue . Trip advisor fully investigated their claims and found in my favour, awarding me the full payment for their stay. This obviously disgruntled them and they then wrote this review.
Just to assure anyone reading and wondering,
The annex is a purpose built granny flat ...as in it was built from scratch to house an elderly relative . It is not and never has been a garage !
It has 3 , basic but immaculate and warm rooms and has all the facilities you need for your stay in Edinburgh
You can be assured of a warm welcome from all of the family. Our integrity is our strength. We do not claim to offer a plush hotel , but we do offer a warm welcome to our family home.
The annex shares a hallway with the family home , and the hallway is securely locked to the street . I can assure you that claims we would wander in and out are preposterous,
And also point out that even in the most expensive hotel, room service hold keys and can do just that at any time .
All the claims about toilet roll , pillow cases etc are nonsense. The rooms were still in process of being finished when they arrived due to their unknown arrival time.
My lovely dad , who is 83 years old travelled 100 miles from Newcastle specially so a family member would be here to welcome them . They were very rude and called our home ' a garage '. It's true I was not overly concerned about them as I knew they were off to their other place !
If you are still in any doubt , please read our other reviews and also the dozens of fantastic reviews on another popular letting site, or contact me direct. I can provide screen shot evidence of all the conversations I had with these people which proves they are lying.
We look forward to greeting you and proving to you that we provide a warm and friendly service
Alison .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing