All reviews privilege room apple tv lovely hotel minute walk princes street lothian road usher hall tesco express quiet location storage space coffee machine the sofa bed would highly recommend this hotel city centre reception staff would stay again bathroom door
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Booked through hotels.com after reading great reviews on here. Lovely hotel very modern clean and tidy. Check in was easy one room was ready one wasn't, did not cause an issue so we wandered I to the centre took about 15 minutes, nice slow walk and easy to find. Found out when we went back to check in the hotels.com hadn't confirmed breakfast, we purposely paid extra for this and cancellation and to be honest this wasn't on my booking email but my friend had messages I sent confirming non breakfast price, this wasn't an issue at reception he obviously knew we were genuine and included this and said he would take it up with agent. Breakfast looked lovely but I was too hungover to face it ! Plenty choice freshly cooked breakfast Inc egg preference, eggs Benedict etc. Porridge, cereals hot food, wish I had been well enough to enjoy! Lovely place to stay will return. Reception also pointed us to some great pubs including rat pack near the centre and we were very grateful for this.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Dear rach2702,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us a review - it was an absolute pleasure having you and by the looks of it, you had some amazing time in Edinburgh.

I am glad to hear that our staff were able to deliver a top-quality service and I will be sure to share your kinds words with my team. Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Mecure Edinburgh Key on a Saturday. Check in was professional and swift, the room was excellent with all the mod cons inc safe and fridge, which kept the beer nicely chilled. Just a ten minute walk to Princes Street (House of Fraser) and twenty-five minutes to Edinburgh Waverley. Lovely breakfast with lots of choice and all well stocked. Check out was swift and we were able to leave our bags to mid afternoon, which was great. Definitely stay again when we are next in Edinburgh.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Matthew B, Front Office Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your review - I am very happy that you found our hotel enjoyable and I have to say that your comments are a small summary of what we are trying to achieve in our day to day operations. I will be sure to share your review with all my colleagues - thank you.

Matthew Bystrzejewski, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely wee hotel, within easy walking distance of Train stations and Princess street. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Staff on front desk were very friendly and polite. Rooms were small but chic. Good variety at breakfast, with plenty of hot or cold options.

1  Thank Michael D

Dear Michael,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel - I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with all the team members as I believe they will be very happy to hear them. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend here for his 21st birthday. Privilege room was superb. Loved the coffee machine and other lovely features within the room. Great tv, comfy bed, air-con, robes and slippers and extremely clean room&hotel in general. Breakfast was amazing! Best hotel breakfast i have seen to date. The pancakes and nutella were superb and the fact you can help yourself to everything including the hot food was excellent. At the front desk reception Anne-Sophie and Olivier were extremely helpful. Anne-Sophie gave us a map and marked out all the different places we wanted to go and how to get there, she is an excellent asset to the hotel! The hotel is only 8 miles/20 minute car journey from Edinburgh airport and the hotel itself is within walking distance of the castle, Grassmarket, Haymarket, Royal Mile and Edinburgh Centre yet the hotel is situated in a quiet area which is good because you get away from all the noise from the city, meaning a peaceful nights sleep. A beautiful city to visit but staying at Mercure will make it even better!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Mary C, Front Office Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2016

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with Oliver and Anne-Sophie as I am fairly sure they will be very happy to hear them. Edinburgh is indeed an amazing city and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Newish hotel
Clean
Fast check in
3/4 mirror, bedside plug sockets, free wifi, firm pillows, reasonable lighting (for a hotel), shower only, fridge, circa 21" flat screen tv with freeview, Apple TV available although I did not use it. Gym only open till 9pm (last entry 45mins before close). No onsite parking. Car parks about 3 mins walk away.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Mary C, Manager at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear nth-traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and technology our bedrooms have to offer. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Thanks and best regards,