“Splendid little place”

Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Fantastic cuisine in Edinburgh's most romantic and atmospheric restaurant, situated in the historic Old Town, enjoy as the relaxed and friendly staff welcome you to this hidden gem.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by this place. Food was to a very high standard. Scallops cooked perfectly, beautifully tender venison and an oozing chocolate fondant. Service was top notch. Classic decor, very cosy. Highly recommend it.

2  Thank Marcus W
Write a ReviewReviews (1 056)

75 - 79 of 1 056 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch with my son and daughter who were home for Easter. Really good menu, freshly prepared, beautifully presented, delicious! Just right for lunch and excellent value for the quality of food.

1  Thank Morrable
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a meal for 4 here and I can say that the food is exceptional. Many different tastes and textures on the plate.
Serving Team were very friendly and helpful.
Portion sizes not too big so you do not leave feeling bloated.
Meal for 4 with three coarse and two bottles of a very nice French Red costs £290. Good value.

3  Thank GrandPoohbaH
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We were after a late dinner on the heels of a ghost tour and the place we'd planned to eat at had apparently closed early... so we wandered into this restaurant after asking some people who were leaving if the food was good (they raved, so we braved the unknown).

What a lucky find. I have eaten in many restaurants in many places, and I can honestly say that my meal (rabbit with bacon and black pudding) was one of the tastiest I've enjoyed. My partner ordered a vegetarian meal, and he also was enchanted with the flavour and presentation.

Ambience is secondary for me, but the ambience was lovely too, and the service friendly and responsive.

If I'm lucky enough to return to Edinburgh, I'll try my luck again at The Grain Store!

1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been for a while-but had an absolutely wonderful birthday lunch for husband !
Food as fresh , delicious , high quality and beautifully presented as always ! Lovely selection of choices from carefully developed menu.
Very friendly warm atmosphere and service in this romantic , unique gem of a place!
Will be back again soon ! Thankyou