“"Team Butter"”

Pinnies & Poppy Seeds
Ranked #21 of 444 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Artisan Shortbread - handmade traditional shortbread baked fresh in our shop every day! Also selling gifts and other sweet treats from local makers and producers.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The aromas grab you at the door and don't let go until you load up. Whimsey noted on T-shirts and the cutest gift boxes. Best shortbread ever!

Jennifer H, Owner at Pinnies & Poppy Seeds, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Very glad you enjoy our whimsy - we do love a bit of nonsense! Very glad you enjoyed our shortbread and hopefully we can welcome you back to the shop very soon! -Jennifer

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"artisan"
"souvenir"

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We happened upon this little shop and were delighted with the results. The fragrance of deliciousness greeted us at the door and reminded me of my grandmother's kitchen on baking day. There are several varieties of shortbread and they are perfection. We also bought homemade, salted caramels. Their flavor is akin to that of molasses. The young woman who waited on us, however, is not quite as sweet as her shortbread.

Hi Sharon!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate every single person who comes into the shop to share in our love of shortbread! I always love hearing when people say it reminds them of their grandmothers or spending time baking with family - that is, of course, how I got my start as well! I'm sorry you didn't feel like our help was quite as lovely, but I'll make sure to have a chat with the team to make sure we're all at our best for our wonderful customers. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jennifer

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I found this lovely shop on Trip Advisor and found it on a side street off the Royal Mile. The shortbread cookies are the best I have ever had and the English Toffee was excellent. I made three trips to Pinnies and Poppyseeds and took a box home.

Hello!! Thank you, thank you for leaving such a wonderful review!! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visits and our shortbread. Nothing makes me happier than to hear people come to the shop more than once to stock up on delicious, buttery treats! I am so pleased we were able to help make your trip memorable!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We saw this bakery on a t.v. show, and decided to check it out! Delicious shortbread being made on the premises while we were there!

1  Thank Vacationers62

Thanks so much for coming in after seeing the show! I am always amazed by how organised people are to remember to write those things down - very glad your enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back to our wee shop soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2017

heard about this place on TV in the US, had to try it, shortbread was great, wish they sold tins so we could have chosen a variety of shortbread to take back as souvenirs

1  Thank buffdog37

Hi there!
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - and thank you for visiting our shop after seeing us on TV! We're actually working on getting some sturdier packing, like tins, to ship and to sell in the shop just now so hopefully we'll get that all sorted soon. Thanks for the feedback!